cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing items in workflow inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I want to remove items in the SBWP inbox of my user who has already resigned. These items are already processed. I just want to remove them from his inbox so that it wont be sent to SOST when a background job is run. Previously, I was able to do it using the SWIA but its taking more than 2 minutes to delete a workitem. I have 43,400plus workitems to be removed so I was hoping if there are better ways to do it.

Hoping for inputs from anyone.

Thanks in advance

Jun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem was solved by completing the workitems in the SBWP inbox of the resigned user. Then, I deleted the items in the SOST.

Thanks for the insights.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What background job are you running, If you are running RSWUWFML2, it woun't send workitems already processed by user.

Regards,

Sangvir SIngh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im running SWN_SELSEN job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I think you are sending mails to outlook using the backgrond job.

Instead of deleting the work items you can include some logics at back ground job.

You can restrict the processed workitems when reading from the inbox or you can restrict it using the user.

Thanks.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

• Do not use SWWL in a Production system unless you're absolutely sure of what you're doing. ******

"These items are already processed. I just want to remove them from his inbox so that it wont be sent to SOST when a background job is run"

What sort of background job would send processed items to SOST? Why?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the warning. Anyway, here are our reasons and please correct me if Im wrong.

Before those workitem notifications can be sent to our Lotus Notes, it should be present (or queued) in SOST. But before it

is sent to SOST, it has to come from SBWP inbox. Those items in SBWP inbox will be read by the job SWN_SELSEN and then sent to SOST. Unless those items are removed from the inbox, it should always be sent to SOST over and over and therefors, will be sent to our Lotus Notes over and over.

Thanks

Edited by: Aurelio Tadlas on Apr 12, 2010 3:10 AM

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

But you said: "These items are already processed"

I don't know of any settings in Extended Notifications that keeps sending out mails for processed workitems.

If they haven't been processed, then do that first (eg by setting them to Completed) and then there will be no more notifications.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Yes, those items were already processed. You see, the last part of the notification will inform the creator (of the PO for example) that his PO is already processed or released. This is just a notification upon completion of his document. by our practice, the use should have executed these items so that it will be removed from his inbox. However, he didnt do it and the messages were kept until his last day. Now, my goal is to have those messages removed.

Thanks

Edited by: Aurelio Tadlas on Apr 12, 2010 3:41 AM

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think it would be btter to complete the workitems using e.g. SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE (in a custom program) instead of deleting them. Then the workitems and the workflows will be completed. SWWL should only be used in a Production environment if there is no other choice.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aurelio,

Have you tried Transaction SWWL to delete the workitem ?

Report RSWWWIDE will also do the job ..

But it will delete opened workitems only .

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can delete all the 43400 workitems at one shot through SWWL