cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we define plant section field as a authorization object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

I checked plant section field by t-code S_BCE_68001412( By Field, Text ) and confirm it isn't a authorization object, But in real business we have defined different plant sections and we want to control user actions by this field, how can we get to this point, Pls show me some lights.

Best regards

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

Which object(s) are you talking about (e.g. order, equip, etc)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plant section filed which can be found in Location tab and we wanna use this filed for authorization control but it's not a standard authorization field in sap, so i am wondering can i define it as a authorization filed?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But this data can be found on orders, equipment, flocs, notifs...

Which one of these are applicable?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Equipment master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your other option would be to create a custom auth object for this field, add this object to appropriate roles and then validate this on the User exit of equipment save.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take help of your ABAP team and create an customized authorization object "Z_OBJECT" with field BEBER and which check these field value in table ITOB. Assign this auth object to role and profile you want.

Use the user exit IEQM0003 Additional checks before equipment update. Give a logic to check auth object when while using equipment change tcode.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

George,

Have a look at BADI INST_AUTHORITY_CHECK.

Alternatively you can use the user-exit at equipment save (IEQM0003)

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

You could potentially achieve the same with the help of the "Authorization group" field on the equipment master.You could create Authorization groups equivalent to plant sections and assign the same to the equipment master, whenever the plant section is populated. You could then use the standard Auth object "I_BEGRP Authorization group" to control the access to that specific record.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with your idea but this filed has been taken in use for other things so we have to take plant section filed into consideration and wanna see how can we define this filed as a authorization filed.