cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC operation problem with SAP .NET connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a problem when I try to use SAP .NET connector 2.0 to do BDC operation in SAP. The following is the background information of my case.

SAP Version: ECC5.0

SAP_BASIS: 640 patch level 0009

SAP_ABA: 640 patch level 0009

Coding environment MS VS 2003 C#

I constructed a BDC table in MS VS C#, and tried to invoke RFC_CALL_TRANSACTION to execute this BDC function within SAP. I tried 2 secnarios:

1. with ABAP_DEBUG = 1. I entered ABAP debug screen, then F8, and the operation was successful

2. without ABAP_DEBUG. I got error message

Msgid "00"

Msgno "359"

Msgtx "The transaction was terminated by the user"

Msgty "A"

Has anyone experienced the same issue before?

Thanks.

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A side effect of ABAP_DEBUG=1 is that SAPGUI is started. If your transaction needs GUI (which is the normal case for RFC_CALL_TRANSACTION), it only works with GUI started. Add connection string parameter USE_SAPGUI=1 or USE_SAPGUI=2 (1/2: with SAPGUI/SAPGUI invisible after each RFC call). The corresponsing property in Destination class is called "SAPGui".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

Thank you for your reply! but this is not what I want. I want to do BDC in my C# program on the computer without SAPGUI installed. Is that possible?

Thanks.

David

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I don't know what "BDC" is. Generally, using ABAP_CALL_TRANSACTION requires SAPGUI. Otherwise you should use BAPIs. Typically you should find for all areas a fitting BAPI. Allmost all BAPIs don't require SAPGUI and run silently via RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reiner,

I mean batch input here (batch data coversion SM35). Is my design possible? Thank you!

David

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunaltey this might be not the best forum to find an answer. Maybe the ABAP forum is better.

As far as I understand using Batch Input from RFC is rather intypical. Instead it is usually recommended to use the fitting BAPIs instead of BDC. See thread for details.