cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites/steps for SAP Integration KIT Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking at the Prerequisites/steps for installing SAP Integration KIT on our BOE server.

I am refering to BusinessObjects Integration Kit for SAP - Installation and Configuration by Ingo and BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP2 Integration for SAP Solutions Installation and Administration Guide.

My question is do we have to import the transports(found in the SAP Integration Kit install files) into SAP BI using SM59 before we start installing SAP Integration KIT on BOE server? Ingo has mentioned about SAP Transports after SAP Java Connector part in his guide , but I don't see any thing on transports on the SAP guide.

Can somebody confirm if we require only the below 3 steps before we start installing SAP Integration KIT on BOE server?

1. SAP Frontend Installation (SAP GUI 7.10)

2. Instaiing SAP Java Connector (copying sapco.jar and dll files)

3. Install saplogon.ini (I believe this step can be omitted if SAP GUI is installed on BOE server?)

Thanks in advance,

Ganga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is do we have to import the transports(found in the SAP Integration Kit install files) into SAP BI using SM59 before we start installing SAP Integration KIT on BOE server? Ingo has mentioned about SAP Transports after SAP Java Connector part in his guide , but I don't see any thing on transports on the SAP guide.

>> The SAP Integration Kit installation and SAP Transports are separate tasks.

Can somebody confirm if we require only the below 3 steps before we start installing SAP Integration KIT on BOE server?

1. SAP Frontend Installation (SAP GUI 7.10)

2. Instaiing SAP Java Connector (copying sapco.jar and dll files)

3. Install saplogon.ini (I believe this step can be omitted if SAP GUI is installed on BOE server?)

>> Correct

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification , Ingo!

So can I assume that I can first do SAP Integration KIT and SAP Authentication(on CMC) and later do the Import of Transports?

I am asking this as I see one of the Transports to be imported is for SAP authentication. Can we configure SAP Authentication before importing those transports to SAP Server?

Thanks a lot,

Krishna

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do the installation of the SAP Integration Kit but not the configuration as you will need functions from the transports.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it, Thanks Ingo!

Answers (0)