cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of GRC 5.2 to GRC AC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During an upgrade of GRC AC 5.2 to GRC AC 5.3, when we uninstall GRC AC 5.2 and install GRC AC 5.3 on the same server,

1- Do we lose all existing configurations of GRC 5.2 eg. workflows, connectors, rule sets etc and will I lose existing request data?

"OR"

Will GRC 5.2 uninstall will keep all the previous data & configurations of GRC 5.2? intact?

2- I assume rule export/ import under utilities of rule architect from AC 5.2 to AC 5.3 will overwrite the existing ruleset?

3- I assume rule download/ upload from AC 5.2 to AC 5.3 will append the existing ruleset and will not overwrite it.

Please let me know, if my assumptions in (2) & (3) are right.

Thanks,

Haleem.

Edited by: abdul haleem on Apr 9, 2010 12:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

Here is my response:

1- Do we lose all existing configurations of GRC 5.2 eg. workflows, connectors, rule sets etc and will I lose existing request data?

"OR"

Will GRC 5.2 uninstall will keep all the previous data & configurations of GRC 5.2? intact?

Everything will stay the way it is. You won't lose any data after the upgrade as the uninstallation does not allow you to remove data from the database.

2- I assume rule export/ import under utilities of rule architect from AC 5.2 to AC 5.3 will overwrite the existing ruleset?

That is correct. If you import new ruleset it will fully overwrite existing ruleset.

3- I assume rule download/ upload from AC 5.2 to AC 5.3 will append the existing ruleset and will not overwrite it.

There is not role download utility. You can upload fresh rules by uploading different different files via configuration -> rule upload.

Please let me know, if my assumptions in (2) & (3) are right.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

So, during the upgrade from GRC AC 5.2 to GRC AC 5.3, I would upload AC 5.3 fresh rules by uploading different different files via configuration -> rule upload, which will then append the existing old GRC AC 5.2 rules.

Please let me know, if I am right?

Thanks,

Haleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. There is a but here, thought. It would not append/overwrite if there 5.3 ruleset contains same risk id/function id.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh for this update.

So that means, to upgrade GRC CC 5.2 to 5.3, I will

(1) First

Uninstall CC 5.2 i.e. ( Uninstall GRC AC 5.2) with SDM - UnDeploy

Uninstall all EAR, SDA Projects except database project (virsa`ccxsysdb.sda),

(2) Second

Then install GRC AC 5.3 Suite, but will not upload the rule set, (since the 5.2 rule set is intact during the above GRC 5.2 uninstall). I will only import model data and metadata for each JCo destination using the SAP NetWeaver Content

Administrator that is included in the Web Dynpro tools and Import Connector data & RAR Roles (FOR UPGRADE to RAR 5.3 from 5.2).

And subsequently import CUP roles, CUP configuration data, upgrade CUP

Am I right in this statements. Thanks once again in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything will stay it is so if you already had JCo destinations, roles in CUP etc., you will see all this after the upgrade.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

IS there any way that we can upload (append) 5.2 rules to 5.3 system without overwriting 5.3 new fileds (Risks,functions ..etc).

We would like to use 5.2 old ruleset (Modified per reuirements) into 5.3 system.

Thanks,

Ram

Answers (0)