cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Invoice Layout - Hide components for sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a Crystal Invoice layout for a 2007A customer that uses sales BOMs. THey have some BOM's set to hide components.

I am unable to work out how SAP achieve this in the PLD.

The INV1 table has a field which identifies items as I (components) or S (parent), but, if you have more than one BOm in an invoice, how does SAP work out which I belong to which S, and, how can I translate this to a suppress if statement for Crystal?

The only SAP layout I can find for invoice does not support this functionality either!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Crystal Reports layouts from SAP for 8.8 are fairly basic and need to be tailored to your clients needs. I did a quick test for you and it basically just lists them in order with no distinction of what is BOM or not. If you used BOM Type (column is called TreeType) field in INV1 you could filter out child items.

Are you trying to subtotal the sales BOM items into one line?

Here is the methodology for doing it in the PLD:

Seems to make sense but I have not done it before.

Maybe you can explain the business requirement and I might be able to help you out more with Crystal.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for looking at it for me Mike.

The problem I have is that the customer has some Sales BOM's flagged to not show components, but not all.

The tree type field in the INV1 table has no link to the parent code, and I am struggling to find a way to joing INV1, OITT & ITT1 in a way that allows me to identify which items are parents, which are children & which shoud display & hide.

I thought it would be easy, but it really isn't!.

The link you provided deals with hiding all lines that are components.

I would have thought that SAP would need to develop a layout that handles it's own functionality!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that, if the BOM is set to hide components, the price is set at the parent & not the children, so, I suppressed my details section if Treetype = I and LineTotal is 0.

Am hoping this will work across the board!

Answers (0)