Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP Issue with Tax Jurisdiction

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello AP Guru's-

I have a situation where were are adding line items to an invoice with a PO. The tax jurisdiction code is correct but when we add a G/L, it is pulling the wrong tax jurisdiction code? Where is SAP pulling this tax jurisdiction code from? I assume from Vendor Master but it is wrong? Shouldn't it match the PO?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if it is getting the jurisdiction code from the plant.

thanks

Simar

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Simar-

How do I check that in SPRO? If so, where.

How should the tax jurisdiction be pulled? I would think that it should match to the PO right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Come on man, you should know how to check Plant master data... if not, contact me....

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I checked plant master t-code OX10 and I see that there is a default tax jurisdiction and I cannot remove it. The field is shaded.

How do I remove this and by removing it, how will SAP respond when users enter a new line item against a PO? Default to that PO? Blank?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it the same jurisdiction code you were talking about...?

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Upon reviewing the Plant Master data- I found that the PO is pulling the Tax code from by the Plant. However, when the user attempts to add a line item, it is pulling the PO by the Co.code. I am still working on this but it doesn't make any sense. I would expect SAP to be logical in that it would be consistent by PO or by Vendor.

What is the standard 'best practices' method here?

I would suspect that it would be by PO and not by company code via MIRO?

But I did confirm that the PO is by Plant and not Vendor which is correct. In addition, I could not find a way to remove the tax code by plant but I may not want to do that anyway.

My users don't like that the tax code in MIRO when they add a GL line item does not match the PO.

Any suggestions?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

not getting answer

will open new thread and close this one

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you contact me to discuss in detail, we can figure out something...

Regards

Simar

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sent you an email last night to your email.