Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

AP: Change blocking rules

Hello SAP Gurus

I need your help. We are a new implementation and we are wondering why we have so many vendor line items blocked for payment. We think it is due to pricing and delivery date. Where in the configuration is this done so that we can review and make a better decision?

Thank you!!

Former Member
Former Member replied

AMS,

I did find in my quick research for you about the ST tolerance:

This looks at the number of days multiplied by the invoice value. This is the tolerance to configure to block an invoice when the vendor has delivered the goods early AND has sent the invoice before the delivery date.

To calculate how it looks at this tolerance: multiply the item value by the number of days the invoice was sent early. So an item valued at $10 but invoiced 100 days early will be treated the same as an item valued at $1,000 but invoiced 1 day early.

As for a report, as recommended by the expert above, I've used MRBR as a report. I just run it as "Release Manually". Since you are looking for tolerances, run it as Blocked Due to Variance.

Then look at the following Blocking Reason columns:

Qty(Quantity), Prc (Price), OPQ, Qua (Quality), ItA (Item Amount), Dte(Date).

Logically, I would think that those with an X in the Dte would related to the ST setting. Perhaps you could run a test in TEST environment to confirm. Currently in my system, we don't use the ST tolerance and for us the Dte field is always blank in MRBR.

Good luck,

Cindy

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question