Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Managed System Configuration - Assign Diagnostic Agent

Hi SolMan Guru's

I'm setting up a new Solution Manager system and have come to the Managed System Configuration - Assign Diagnostic Agent step.

On the Managed System Configuration page, I clcik on the "Open URL" button for the Assign Diagnostic Agent step. The Agent Administration page opens up, I click on Agent Candidates Management and the System Landscape Directory page appears.

In the SLD View tab, I can see the SMD Hostname, but on the SMD View tab there is nothing.

(Should not there be an entry for SMD as well? How do I make it appear?)

When I click on the Connection Parameters button I do have 3 entries, Local SLD of SOlution Manager - (Read-only Access), sid Solution Manager SLD Connection (that I'd created) and a Custom SLD Connection Parameters selection. When clicking the Advanced Settings button and going to SLD Connection Mangement screen and running the Connection Check, each is successful.

But when in the SLD View tab the entry has a state of Access has been denied by the managing system. Check user/password and try again.

Does anyone have a suggestion of where to start looking so I can complete this step?

I have even gone into the Diagnostic setup (http://server:50000/smd) Setup Wizard, selected the Managing system (ABAP & JAVA Technical systems) clicked on the "Setup sid (ABAP, JAVA)" button, been taken to the setup parameters screen. But it tells me that the SMD Agent hasn't been found!.

What steps might I have missed to cause this and what do I do to fix it?

Ken

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question