cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12.1.4 build 53 Transaction caching problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am seeing something new with this 12.1 .

When ever i call a transaction within a transaction repetitively...(may be 5000 times), I see all the calls are recorded in the transaction manager .. and this is loading the XMII_Transaction_Cache table in the database...

It's also keeping a log of all the tracer output.

How to turn this off?

because, this set up is loading the DB heavilly and crashing the system.

Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You should be able to set persist=?? where you call the top level transaction and this should propagate through, either set it if you schedule it or as a URL parameter. In this way the inherit setting should be ok?

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

First of all you should try and upgrade to at least MII SP5, this is a bit different in handling this. Second you can try one of two things.

If I remember right, the old TRX action block contains a parameter, where you can link the persist parameter, the new trx action block contains a config. parameter, where you can set the value. This will make the caching delete the record every 5 minutes or so. Or second, you can add the persist = onerror to the URL where you call the trx. from or if you schedule it.

But I think that the new version is different in handling this, and do not save the intermediate action calls at all i no error occours.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We upgraded to the altest patch (83).. still doing the same.

The problem is, with this new change, we have to basically go to each transaction and modify all the transaction call action block to have a persist = 'never' or something.

is there any way we can set up globally...without having to go to each and every transactions?

Regards,

Pramod

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the same thing happen with both the Transaction action, and the Dynamic Transaction action?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are just testing the normal transaction action block..

just making sure what ever works in 12.0 works well with 12.1 as well...

I an try with dynamic one and let you know.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramod,

If you not like to cache the inner transaction, then open the Link-Editor and assign "OnError" to the Property Persist.

The different Persist modis you can find in the help or in the Actionblock DynamicTransactionCall -> Configuration Dialog ->

Persist Transaction.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked the action block and noticed the following:

If for the transaction call action block "reload transaction after each execution" is checked.. then those transactions are saved in the database for 6 hours( expiration date = enddate + 6 hrs).

if its unchecked then , there is only one entry(TMP) and expiration is set to like 5 mins.

By defualt "Persist" is "INHERIT".

Regards,

Pramod