Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing input parameter to an standard search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have the following code into my Z report:

PARAMETERS: 
p_bukrs TYPE t8jv-bukrs OBLIGATORY,
p_vname TYPE t8jv-vname OBLIGATORY MATCHCODE OBJECT h_t8jv.

The SHLP H_T8JV has the field BUKRS as an import parameter. When the user executes the SHLP (press F4), I would like for it to reflect the value indicated by the user into the selection parameter P_BUKRS.

How can I do this?

Regards.

Gregory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you want to allow F4 to both parameters p_bukrs and p_vname, and both values have to be passed to the search help forth and back?

I also guess that vname is the first parameter of this search help?

In that case, you must not use MATCHCODE OBJECT at all, because it will link only one field at a time.

Instead, you must find out a structure (or create it) that have these 2 fields, each having the H_T8JV search help assigned (with correct parameter assignment too), and the selection screen parameters must refer to this structure.

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you want to allow F4 to both parameters p_bukrs and p_vname, and both values have to be passed to the search help forth and back?

I also guess that vname is the first parameter of this search help?

In that case, you must not use MATCHCODE OBJECT at all, because it will link only one field at a time.

Instead, you must find out a structure (or create it) that have these 2 fields, each having the H_T8JV search help assigned (with correct parameter assignment too), and the selection screen parameters must refer to this structure.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra.

Thx a lot for ur answer. I have to create an Z structure, but ir works perfect.

Regards.

Gregory.