cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing formula for header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please can someone help me in resolving this issue.

We have a pricing condition that uses a new java formula to calculate the value. The Formula works perfectly at the item level. My problem is that the same formula needs to be applied at the header level. Currently the item level values are just get summed up and the total put in the header. Is there a way of calculating the header separately?

Many thanks

Calvin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excuse me, Did you solve that? because I've the same problem. How did you do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your requirement? Why do you want to calculate a header price? Remember that in SAP pricing is never really something that happens on header level. Even header conditions are split out on each item. So in reality pricing is always done on item level. As far as I am aware you can only add manual conditions on header level (which are then split on each item).

I don't think what you are trying to do is possible since pricing always happens on item level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the example we have:

We have 6 Non-Standard Discount condition types which can be applied manually at header or item level on quote. They are working fine. We sum up the Non-Standard Discount amount at item and header level --> this is also working correctly

However, the business wants to calculate the Total Non-Standard Discount percentage (%) ONLY at the header level on the quote. The formula is: Total Non-Standard Discount Amount / Total List Price * 100 = Total Non-Standard Discount %

Our issue is that per standard SAP, it calculates the Total Non-Standard Discount percentage for each item and then sums up the percentage at the header.

Example:

Item 1 on quote:

Non-Standard Discount Total = 1902

List Price = 3000

Non-Standard Discount % = NSD total / List * 100 --> 1902 / 3000 * 100 = 63%

Item 2 on quote:

Non-Standard Discount Total = 2838

List Price = 7000

Non-Standard Discount % = NSD total / List * 100 --> 2838 / 7000 * 100 = 40%

Header Total NSD % = 103% (item 1 = 63% + item 2 = 40%) ---> not correct

Issue:

Business wants TOTAL Non-Standard Discount and TOTAL LIST price

Non-Standard Discount Total = 4740 (item #1 1902 + item #2 2838) --> this is correctly summing at header level

List Price = 10000 (item #1 3000 + item #2 7000) --> this is correctly summing at header level

Actual Header Total Non-Standard Discount % should be = 47% (4740 / 10000 * 100)