cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP : proportional distribution of ATP quantity as per buckets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are using GATP functionality of proportional distribution of ATP quantity as per buckets.

In normal scenario if a planned order starts on day 1 and ends on day 10 , and daily produced quantity is 1440 cases.(1 case in 1 minute). There is no stock on floor and this planned order is only receipt element. If a sales order comes on day3 then MAD for sales order will be end of planned order i.e day 10.

If distribution key is flagged in IMG- GATP - General settings and PPM has continuous consumption then sales order comes on day 3 will have confirmed quantity of at least 2 days of production example 2000 cases.

But the confirmed quantity is coming in decimals. example start time of planned order is 10: 10 AM and end of daily bucket is 11:59:59 PM then quantity produced will be 830 cases but system is giving confirmed quantity for day 1 as 828.166 cases and for next 24 hrs also it is supposed to give ATP quantity of 1440 cases but it is giving 1438.456 cases .

How to remove these decimals, because once sales order is saved in ECC then it will have multiple schedule line and business do not ship cases in decimals.

Thanks,

AD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AD,

Please check note 547118 Question 10.

If you would like to use the rounding functionality in SCM and would

like to Round down confirmed quantities to sales units then please read

thorough the SAP online Help how-to set this in ECC and SCM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/

c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

> then goto "Rounding in Global ATP".

There are the features in GATP rounding:

- Rounding Up or Down to Pack Sizes

- Rounding Down to Sales Units

You can read here the PREREQUISITES for rounding in GATP:

- You use SAP Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) release 5.0 or

higher for rounding to pack sizes.

- For rounding to sales units, you use SAP ECC Enterprise Extension

Defense Forces & Public Security.

- You have made the settings for rounding.

I hope I could help.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tibor,

I appreciate your reply, I will work on rounding functionality.

Rounding to pack size. I will update you with my results or difficulties.

Thanks,

AD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tibor,

I am getting error of " An exception has occurred" in /SAPAPO/AC04 - Global ATP -> Reporting -> ATP Simulation when I try to see results in APO.

I have done following config

using Procedure 0PAL , and assigned this procedure to check mode. Flagged rounding active in check instruction.

In t code /SCWM/PACKSPEC - Maintain Packaging Specification , on the Rounding tab using Rounding method PSO . Minimum qty =72 (which is a pallet size) .

Maintained condition record for condition type 0PAL. It has 2 fields Plant and Product.

Looks like a SAP bug but still want to confirm from fellows if any one has worked on rounding in ATP.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

AD

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

Have you configured Pack spec properly i.e. have you done config for element type and level set also.

Further in t code /SCWM/PACKSPEC - Maintain Packaging Specification when you maintain the condition record then are you adding product to the folder "content" by right clicking it. It's a bit tricky.

I agree maintaining condition records for packspec is not easy.

If you do not follow the above mentioned steps then you will get error "An exception has occurred".

Thanks,

Pavan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

I was missing adding product to content folder step in maintaining condition record for packspec.

It resolved the issue once I right clicked on content folder and maintained product.

Many thanks to Tibor and Pavan

Thanks,

AD

Edited by: AD on Apr 22, 2010 7:50 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus:

Do you happen to know if this tcode /SCWM/PACKSPEC or similar functionalities are available in APO 4.1 ?

I'm becoming insane since I can't get where abouts can I do the whole customizing settings in order to avoid rounding quantities into Sales Orders confirmations through ATP.

I've been following Help.SAP, however, many routes the documentations says I should follow are not in my version as the guides say it should be.

Do you happen to have any documentation that could be helpful?

Thanks a lot for as many tips as you can share and for your time.

Best regards,

Bren