Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete expired users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are creating 100's of test users to test roles .All the test users has validity period as 3 or 4 days .

Now we need to delete all the test users who are all expired .

Please guide .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what will u do if they is again a requirement ? Create again. Instead of deleting test user ids would make sense to remove the roles or when you assign the roles giving it an end date. Then they will automatically expire after the end date.

You can use SU10 to do mass deletion of user ids if you want.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what will u do if they is again a requirement ? Create again. Instead of deleting test user ids would make sense to remove the roles or when you assign the roles giving it an end date. Then they will automatically expire after the end date.

You can use SU10 to do mass deletion of user ids if you want.

0 Kudos

yeah i agreee your thoughts .. but we hqave some thousands of users so it's very huge work for me to take list of expired users . that's why i thought to go for delete users using scripts

0 Kudos

>

> yeah i agreee your thoughts .. but we hqave some thousands of users so it's very huge work for me to take list of expired users . that's why i thought to go for delete users using scripts

Hi,

therefore I suggested them to selct the expired ones in SU10. You'll get a selection screen like in SUIM upon pressing the authorization button, so you can select users with for instance 'Valid until'=current date -1. You'll find the field in the section 'Additional selection criteria'

b.rgds, Bernhard

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

using the method in SU10 is easy, as you can select thosde expired users after pressing the 'Authorization data' button on the entry screen of SU10.

b.rgds, Bernhard

sandi_ward2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Agreed that SU10 is the tool for mass deletion, but it sounds like your problem is selecting which users to delete?

Did you use a naming convention for all these test users? Then use that to identify them

Did you mass create them via SU10 or CATT script or LSMW. Then go to your data source for creation, thereu2019s your list

Did you create them all on a certain day or over small period of time, or were they all created by one person? Check your change documents for users and thereu2019s a good starting point for your list.

As part of the test scenario, how were the users to be created specified? This should be e what points you to your solution, and a lesson for future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SU10 to remove all roles and prodide validity date as 01/01/1900 to till date.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe it will be a good idea to restrict the test users by their validity date rather than deleting them from the system if you think you will need to re-use them in future.

For deleting the test users whose validity date has already expired,you can use the option as mentioned by Bernhard and delete all of them at one go using SU10.

Alternately, if you want to restrict the test users by their validity date,then take a list of all the test users existing in your system from SUIM (it will be easier for you if you maintain a naming convention for your test users or maintain a specific user group for them) and then restrict the validity date (SU10 -> Change pencil icon -> mention date in "valid through " and check the change button and SAVE) of all the users through SU10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi re solved my issue and this question helped me to learn lot. Thanks friends