cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose for Periodic Screening for Business Partners?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transactions are /SAPSLL/SPL_CHSB1LO and /SAPSLL/SPL_CHSB1MLO.

I am wondering if anyone knows the true purpose of running these screenings periodicially whether is it monthly, quarterly, etc. All of our business partners are currently set up to automatic screen thru jobs whenever they are created or updated. Also, we have jobs that run the "Check Against Updated SPL" whenever there are changes to the SPL. With this in mind, does anyone know a reason why we shoudl run the periodic screening? I can't think of a scenario where this would be needed.

Thanks,

Sammy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammy,

You have customized synchronous screening, right?

Check Against Updated SPL --> checks only not blocked.BP's against SPL delta (This check does not consider already blocked BP's)

Periodical screening --> checks ALL business partners against SPL lists, even those which are blocked.

It might happen that SPL delta contains "erase" couple of BP, previously blocked by your SPL screening. If you wont run periodical screening these erased BP's remains in your "blocked" list, because check against delta is valid only for not blocked ones.

BR,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your response. We are indeed running synchronous screening but I don't think it is customized.

Our company has a team dedicated to checking the block BP list all day everyday so we never have BP's on the blocked list for more than a few hours. They are always either moved to the positive and negative lists or cleared from being blocked. So there should be no need to run period screening in our case correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

As long as operate with in system buffer yes you do not have to, but if you over load system buffer then you will have to run the screening just to make sure we are still intact. It is better to make it a practise to clear buffer periodically based on system capacity, which is in our case part of the screen process.

hope this helps

cheers

mkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh, is the buffer you are referring to transaction /SAPSLL/SPL_RESET? We have a job that runs this daily.

I'm still not sure I understand what the buffer has to do with the periodic screening. What do you mean by overloading the buffers? How would periodic screening affect this?

0 Kudos

Hi Sammy, you should verify whether you really triggered a daily job to reset buffering. Such a job doesn't make sense.

It would mean you also need to to trigger jobs to re-initialize all the indizes like 'Generate comparison terms for SPL, aggregate comparison terms and generate comparison terms for business partners. Especially the last job would have a long runtime - day by day. You do such a buffering reset merely when your SPL list provider introduces a new SPL list like SDN South Sudan or a new country like GZ for Gaza.

Regards, Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A scenario where you can use this is to move BP from +list to -ve list, vice verse and/or release the BP.