cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Edit/Remove Remote Systems using MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to find an answer to this in either the forums or the Wiki...

Using MDM 7.1 through the SAP MDM Console 7.1.03.54

I can add a new Remote System, it comes up with the default values for the Remote System fields:

Name: New Remote System, Code: NewRemoteSystem, Type: Inbound, Key Generation: None

But I cannot modify the field values nor can I delete the Remote System.

The right-click context menu always has 'Delete Remote System' greyed out.

Nor do I see any mechanism to modify the fields' values. Moving to the Remote System Detail pane, none of the fields are edittable; I have tried left-clicking, right-clicking, double clicking, using the Edit tool bar menu - nothing lets me edit these fields.

My user account has the Admin role. Looking to the Admin role, it has Execute for all functions, and Read-Write to the Remote Systems in the Tables and Fields tab.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is strange. Is your Repository Loaded??? Is yes, then try by unloading the repository.

Kindly revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply.

I unloaded and re-loaded the repository but the problem persists.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

I meant to say try Remote system modify/delete operations when repository is in unloaded state. I have not checked in the system but feel if the repository is loaded then it will not allow to delete remote system.

Check and let us know the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Your repository should be in unloaded state to make changes in any table whether main table, subtable, Ports, Special tables or Remote Systems table etc. As you want to make changes in your repository Remote Systems, please unload your repository->Go to Admin>Remote systems>Make necessary changes (Add/Delete/update)--> Then load repository.

Note: You can only add User and Roles during Repository loaded state.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, working with the tables with the repository unloaded was the answer. I have looked through the MDM Reference and have not found anywhere that that is spelled out. I doubt I would have tried it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

The repository has to be in Unloaded status for working on remote system tables.

In loaded status we can only update the Users/Roles in console. For all other activities the repository has to be unloaded.

thanks

Ravi