SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail:doubt in master data IDOC generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I just want to know when i create a article master data (say "Art100211" article number) in MM41 when will the IDOC number generates for that artilce which i created (i.e) Art100211,after the creation of artilce master data?How long it will takes to generate a IDOC number to master data and to transactional data?Hope you understand my query and expecting clear & complete answer from you.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sandhya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya. There are several steps to configure before being able to automatically generate idocs:

1- In customizing for idoc interface, activate change pointers generally and activate change pointers for message types.

2- In customizing for idoc interface, generate edi partners profiles for the customer number of the related sites. Related message types must be included in these partner profiles.

3- Run a POS outbound initialization for every site that receives idocs (Program RWDPOSIN). This will generate idocs for the whole assortment for each site and will initialize the change pointers.

4- Schedule a POS Outbound change message job (Program RWDPOSUP) for each site. This is the program that will automatically generate idocs on a regular basis. This program will read and update all change pointers since the last run and generates idocs for all pos related data. (Prices, promotions, new articles, changes, etc.)

Regads,

Juan Carlos

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya. There are several steps to configure before being able to automatically generate idocs:

1- In customizing for idoc interface, activate change pointers generally and activate change pointers for message types.

2- In customizing for idoc interface, generate edi partners profiles for the customer number of the related sites. Related message types must be included in these partner profiles.

3- Run a POS outbound initialization for every site that receives idocs (Program RWDPOSIN). This will generate idocs for the whole assortment for each site and will initialize the change pointers.

4- Schedule a POS Outbound change message job (Program RWDPOSUP) for each site. This is the program that will automatically generate idocs on a regular basis. This program will read and update all change pointers since the last run and generates idocs for all pos related data. (Prices, promotions, new articles, changes, etc.)

Regads,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I know these things have to be done before that.But my doubt is suppose when i createda an article master today when the IDOC will generate for the article master.I think it will take 24 hours.IS it correct?

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya.

This has nothing to do with time. The idoc will be generated when you run report RWDPOSUP. The creation of a new article activates a change pointer, RWDPOSUP will detect that change pointer and generate idocs for all the stores where that article was listed.

Regards,

Juan Carlos

0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Could you help me out in which t-code do we run these programmes (RWDPOSIN and RWDPOSIN).Do we have to run any program for inbound idocs.if yes then whats the program name and whats the t-code we use to run thiese program?Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Iam closing the issue now

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya

I know this is an old thread, but maybe others can use the answer:

RWDPOSIN = WPMI

RWDPOSUP = WPMU

Best regards,