Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial setup in solman_setup

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am new to solution manager (SM). I just patch my SM from 7.0 stack 13 to 7.0 EhP1 stack 22. Since I just take over SM, it seems some of configurations has been done but not 100% completed. I just wonder whether is it a good idea to run through the initial setup in solman_setup even it is not a new installation? What is the consequence if some configuration has been done if I run the initial setup? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I would recommend as first step is to run solman_setup transaction, go trough the initial setup (at first do not select change) just select the continue button, so you can see what has been done in the logs that appears at the bottom before you select to change , then continue in the same way with basic configuration and run the steps that applies to you, If you have not run this Guided procedure and you wnat to get familiar you can find under related links (SAP Solution Manager Configuration Demo). For the sequence do not worry this is a guided procedure that will take you step by step on what has to be run (or in your case what the previous person run)

After you finish the first step (SOLMAN_SETUP) you can execute the Solution manager Self Diagnosis

http://yoursolmanserver.domain:PORT/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/dswp_sd_self_diagnosis?sap-language=EN

This a webdynpro ABAP application so your port should be 80<system_number> I found the self diagnosis very helpfull when figuring out what you need to fix.

Some helpful SAP Notes for Sol Man 7.0 EhP1 are:

Note 1088980 - Documentation SAP Solution Manager

Note 1271965 - Corrections for documentation of SAP Solution Manager EHP1

Best regards,

Juan Jose

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your quick response. I have applied up to stack 22 so note 1334252 can't be appied.

I went throught initial setup and it seems fine except I need to create SOLMAN_ADMIN in cllient 001 manually to finish the configuration. I guess that is because I copy client 001 to 230 and use 230 as production client. SOLMAN_ADMIN created in 230 automatically but somehow the config look up SOLMAN_ADMIN in 001 as well.

i am working on basic setup and I just find out I need to install Willy Introscope enterprise manager before I can continue but other than that I think everything should be fine. Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As soon as you upgrade to the latest SP of Solman, you must initiate and complete the Basic Settings & Initial Settings. You can also review the below note for assistance within this.

1334252 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions SP20 and SP21

Please note that you will not run into issues if you do run the Basic/Initial Settings; however, if you do not, you may run into issues such as parts of the software that has been fixed/changed from the previous SP's.

Hope this helps you out!

Thanks,

Mark