cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check stock availability in non-PROD loc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have set my production st/location(PROD) in material master, When I creates the prod order it always check the stock availability in PROD location and pops up missing parts as stock is in raw materials loc.

Can we set something, so that while prod order creation, it should check stock availability in all raw material locations (but not in PROD).

-

added laterly----

I think it can be done via OPJJ, no sto loc inspection, but what could be the pro/cons for setting this indicator.

Please suggest.

Regards,

JPS

Edited by: Bhatti JPS on Apr 7, 2010 5:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JPS,

If you make the OPJJ setting, it will check all storage locations in that plant, including PROD. Depending on what this StLocn is used for, this is probably OK.

Some companies 'stage' their materials, which means they move stock from RM stockroom to a production floor staging area location. Then, they run their ATP. 'Missing parts' means they have to go to the RM Stockroom, get the missing stuff, and move it into the production staging area. For these companies, they want PROD checked exclusively.

Other companies (sounds like your company) don't stage their components. They run their prod order ATP checks, and any missing parts list they hand to the expeditors, who may go to the department that makes the subassembly (manufactured component), or may go to Purchasing department to expedite the RM (Purchased component).

It really depends on the business requirements.

Rgds,

DB49