cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Store lib Dir does not exist in Deployment tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Since yesterday I've being fighting with this problem, I'm in the process of configuring and MDSD productive server for our landscape, one of the steps according to guide and that we did suscesfully in Dev and QAS system is to deploy a .jar file using Deployment Tool but I'm unable to do it because every time I try to deploy, the tool shows SECURE STORE LIB DIR DOES NOT EXISTS ..... /SYS/SID/global/security/lib/tools.

I've found some similar problems in SDN but I have tried some correction actions here with no luck. The .jar files are in the directory, if I use

servernamesapmnt it takes me to the correct location, also saploc is pointing to the correct Path so I don´t see why this is not working. I already checked authorizations also.

This is a NW 7.0 with MDSD 3.0 in an MSCS Windows 2003 Cluster that I think has some problem because in "normal" installation this did not happened.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deploytool has hardcoded path that expects the secure store lib directory at certain path. It is ideally supposed to run on central system where the security lib directory exists.

So, recreate the directory structure where its complaining about/expecting at the path. you need to copy the directories from

/usr/sap/<instance>/SYS\global\security\lib\tools & /usr/sap/<instance>/SYS\global\security\data

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response, what you write has sense but I need to ask you if you know where can I find the hardcoded path that Deploy tools is using?, I don't find any file with it and the error only tells ../../../SYS/global/security/lib/tools.

Thanks a lot,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You won't be able to find the entire path as its hardcoded in the program.

However, this is how the paths should be:

If you are executing deploytool from the following path:

/usr/sap/<instance>/DV*/j2ee/deploying

then the directories I mentioned should be in the path:

/usr/sap/<instance>/SYS/global/security/lib

/usr/sap/<instance>/SYS/global/security/data

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP people just told me 5 minutes ago to copy the directory where deploy tool is to /sapmnt/SID/SYS/global and it worked just fine, they tells me that this happens in distribuited installations.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Its effectively the same! /sapmnt is usually pointed to /usr/sap.

Glad to know its resolved now!

Regards,

Snehal