Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F - Advanced Generic Service for SAP_PA type updates

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I have read several posts on using the AGS - or more accurately attempting to use it. Therefore, can I ask if anyone has successfully updated infotypes in and advanced generic service where SAP_PA is also being used. I mention SAP_PA as we have successfully managed to update infotypes when using the AGS and SAP_PD was being used, but SAP_PA (I believe) forces us to use the detached infotype framework as using HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION causes a dump.

Currently I have only added code to the fliush method. Should I be adding code into the other methods? I have read and digested the excellent blog on updating via the DIF [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/14694] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; but I'm not sure how much applies to the AGS.

Can anyone help or shall I go back to updating the infotypes via a workflow task call to my bespoke class rather than use the AGS to call it?

Cheers

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Lolanda

What you are wanting to do does not require a AGS. Basically, if you added field to IT0008, then you need to make sure to make the same changes to the Decoupled Infotype Framework IT0008 structure (this is how HCM P&F ultimately updates your infotype). There is plenty of documentation out there about how to modify/create a Decoupled Infotype Framework strucutre so just have a look. Once done, you will see your "added" fields are available to select from in HCM P&F.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Thank you for your response, I would like to congratulate you on your blogs (their great); I was able to develop a validation routine from reading them.

I have searched for info on decouple framework but I still have questions.

I created the new fields on the structure for rates; my deli mea is updating the it008 once all the amounts have been entered. The new fields will always be calculated and the code has to go in a generic service or something prior to update. I know one solution is the workflow to modify the record previous updated. I wanted do it via the form operations if possible. I have looked at badi hrpad00infty, hrpad00inftybl; I do not understand how it is called from qisr1 class.

Regards,

Lolanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I am also looking for information on this topic for my task of updating additional fields added to infotype 8 structure. Can you point me to where I can look at classes which make up the SA_PA generic services for update > documentation would be helpful also.

Regards

Lolanda