cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Error: Unable to Convert Sender System to ALE Logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

in File to IDoc scenario, i created a sender business system called bs_filetoidoc_send based on Standalone technical system and a receiver business system based on ABAP r/3 system. in my SAP IDES system which is dual stack (abap+java), XI client is 001 (LS: devclnt001) and r/3 client is 800 (LS: t90clnt090) i.e i'm posting idoc to t90clnt090.

I tried to send a text file. but while processing xml message in XI, i got an error saying "Unable to Convert Sender System to ALE Logical System".

then i searched the blogs and forum and found the solution. it was saying LS name was not assigned to BS bs_filetoidoc_send. so i went to SLD and tried to assign LS devclnt001 to my sender BS bs_filetoidoc_send, but got an error saying that "A business system with LS devclnt001 already exists". when i checked which is that BS, it is supposed to be the INTEGRATION SERVER itself with BS name INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV.

then i configured my sender BS as INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV itself which picked up the text file successfully and also receiver abap server received the IDOC with correct data and format with status 51. so scenario worked fine when i used my sender BS as INTEGRATION SERVER itself.

please clear my following doubts which arose after this scenario.

1) why the scenario didn't work when I used only standalone sender business system?

2) why should we assign a LS name of XI server to sender business system only in this scenario?

scenario worked according to my requirement, but using integration server itself as a sender BS confused though.

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the procedure to exccute the interface without errors.

1) you can use Business system or Business service for sender file adapter in configuration

If Business service, then double click on the business service...goto-services-adapter specific identifiers(edit mode)

Now add the logical system name in logical system field.

2) Now goto ECC, create a logical system in BD54 by the same business service logical system name.

3) Now create a partner profile in WE20 in ECC by the same logical system name and add the inbound message type parameters.

Now do the end to end testing ...idocs will be sucessfully posted.

Regards

Abhijit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>2) why should we assign a LS name of XI server to sender business system only in this scenario?

we should do this in all our scenarios

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I'm not associating LS name with any other business system in other scenarios like File to File. while creating BS based on a Standalone system, I never entered anything in LS name i.e just kept it blank. but still File to File scenario worked fine.

Suppose if i need to associate LS name of XI with all business systems then everywhere I have to use only INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV as sender/receiver BS. i'm little confused.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Idoc related scenarios Application system treats the BS name as LS name and try to find the sender name in its LS ( can be created through SALE), IF the entry is not found then it will give the error that you have.

When you had created BS for file (Standalone) it would have asked for LS name there. You have to make exact entry of LS (that you had given while creating BS) in your application system.

INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV worked because application system had the entry of LS name for this BS in its table. It is not at all required to use this BS.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil for reply.

While assigning Logical System to client 001 using T-code SALE , DEVCLNT001 was assigned to the client 001 by default (which is also my xi client or Integration Server) and T90CLNT090 to client 800 (which is ABAP system).

Please correct me if I'm wrong in below conclusions.

1) I can create any no of LS names using SALE

2) But I can assign a client to any one of those LS names (or 1 client will have only one LS name associated with it)

3) So anyways INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV has to associated with the client 001 only, so finally I have to use INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV only as my sender BS. Problem is that I can't remove the LS name DEVCLNT001 from INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV and assign it to bs_filetoidoc_send BS right. If I do so, I think I would get an error saying that INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV is not associated with the LS name of client 001.

I hope I'll get a clear idea of this with you guys help.

Note: in my IDES system, xi server(client 001) and R3 server(client 800) both are in same system ( sys no 00) and same application server (master.sap.com).

Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I can create any no of LS names using SALE

Yes you can create.

> 2) But I can assign a client to any one of those LS names (or 1 client will have only one LS name associated with it)

One Client will have one LS associated to it...and that can be any one of the LS..created.. use SCC4 to find the associated Ls for all the clients of a system

3) So anyways INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV has to associated with the client 001 only, so finally I have to use INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV only as my sender BS. Probleum is that I can't remove the LS name DEVCLNT001 from INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV and assign it to bs_filetoidoc_send BS right. If I do so, I think I would get an error saying that INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV is not associated with the LS name of client 001.

As the logical system defined in Partner profile is expected to arrive in Control record of IDoc..it should be passed in that...

Did u checked this blog../people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/03/16/unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system so as per you need the explaination in the blog need to associate the logical system name .

HTH

Rajesh

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Have only one Logical System/ Client.

i.e Client should be unique in the table also this table is cross referensed.

Technically you can remove the LS of INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV and assign it to "bs_filetoidoc_send" but in this case you have to selct different client for INTEGRATION_SERVER_DEV. but it is not advisable.

The other thing that you can do is use the same BS that you are using for receiving the IDOC as it will be having the LS entry in the Application system.

One more work around is creat Business Service and make a entry in the Adapter specific attribute and make the same entry in LS (u can use transaction SALE / BD 54).

Thanks,

Sunil Singh