Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Database Logon Error

Good Afternoon

I'm facing a problem with a report developed in VS.Net 2008 using crystal inside of the development studio. The reason for this is it uses a class as a design data source and then is populated at run time with a Generic List(List Of) of the class using the SetDataSource and then exported to Excel. All works swimmingly on my development pc however when we deploy this to a server it fails with the below error. We have the 2008 runtime installed correctly on the server so to some extent it should just work

Database logon failed.System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004100F): Database logon failed.ETC*

Below is a section of the VB.Net code, can you please advise how I get around this. There is effectively no connection to a database required but I am happy for anything that gets me past this.....

Thanks

Terry

Edited by: Don Williams on Apr 7, 2010 7:27 AM

Former Member
replied

Hi Terry,

Please explain what this is: rpt.DataSourceConnections(0).SetLogon("Seymour\Helios", "kkb@reF4Tfr333")

Specifically: "Seymour\Helios", "kkb@reF4Tfr333"

It may be that your log on info is invalid because of the "\" and the "@" in the values.

Some DB Servers do not allow those shift character.

What DB are you using and how are you connecting?

Does it work using that log on info in CR Designer?

Thank you

Don

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question