0 Kudos

is there any way to write JAVA SCRI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This WIKI example is very poor. You should never use an iFrame for embedding inner Web Dynpro content. The content within an iFrame is a separate user session and the session management won't work properly within the iFrame. Also you can have rendering problems within the iFrame. You should just use Component Usages to embedd Web Dynpro Components in such a way. I will request that this wiki page be removed.

The iFrame is deprecated in 7.0 and 7.01. In later SP levels on these releases the UI element is gone completely and can not be added to a view. I suspect that is why you can't find the UI element.

What exactly are you trying to acomplish via JavaScript?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Jung.

I wanted to use JAVASCRIPT tol call a BSP or HTML page repeatedly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the clarification. I have always been curious about what are the alternatives to using an IFrame component on a Web dynpro View.

In Netweaver 7.0, Web dynpro has introduced support for several UI elements like Flash Islands, Microsoft Office control etc.

But there are several instances when you wish to have more customized UI components on your web page and which you could achieve by writing your own javascript code and using javascript libraries (flexibility of BSP).

Is there a standard way to achieve this using a combination of Web dynpro ABAP and BSPs together?

It would be great if you can provide some ideas on this.

Best Regards,

Gaurav

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is there a standard way to achieve this using a combination of Web dynpro ABAP and BSPs together?

Yes there is - use the NetWeaver Portal or the NetWeaver Business Client. Create two separate iViews and put them together onto one Portal Page. You can communication between the iViews using the Portal Eventing APIs.

In NetWeaver 7.02 the iFrame returns to full support and could be used for hosting BSP content within a WDA Page (as long as you take into account the limitations of session handling in the iFrame). The iFrame should still not be used for embedding WDA within WDA. Also in 7.02 is another new option - the Local Page Builder. You could have WDA and URL (BSP) based CHIPs and integrate them into one Page Builder based page. This technology doesn't require a Portal or NetWeave Business Client and the Local Page Builder runs completely on the Web Dynpro ABAP framework. Multiple CHIPs can communicate on a page using the Local Page Builder Wiring framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As explained by you, I'm using 2 different iviews communicating by eventing in portal on the same window. But I'm trying to communicate between multiple iviews having one iview always fire event and others subscribe to the event.

My requirement forces me not to have all iviews on the window due to space and scrolling, so only on corresponding event the subcribed iview to be loaded in the same window below the iview which fired the event. But itseems to be not possible in NW 7.0 EHP 1 or may be I haven't explored the possibilities. Can you please advice if this is possible at all or not.

My iviews are created in WDA.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

is there any way to write JAVA SCRIPT in a webdynpro component? If yes could somebody help me with that?

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't write Java Script Code in WD4A.

Additionaly refer to this thread:

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas

Could you please help if possible ?

Regarding the thread below

have a alv table , and its the list of quotations . On document no click (whcih is a link) , I am calling CL_WD_RUNTIME_SERVICES=>ATTACH_FILE_TO_RESPONSE to call sap shortcut. Now i have a question here as well

Once the user changes a quotation , this should generate a BOR event namely BUS2031( CHANGED ). I believe we can link change document events to BOR events in SWEC transaction.

Now is there any way to read the change event in WDA and refresh the ALV accordlingly.

Awaiting your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Manas,

Thanks for the reply..

No, you can not write Java Script in WDA.

You can navigate to a BSP page inside that you can have JavaScript.

it was mentioned navigate to a BSP page. I am not sure how can i achive that. Could you please help me how can i use a BSP page with a WD component. I am working with a standard WD component here.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krish,

You can use an IFrame component in web dynpro. You can bind the 'source' property of the IFrame to the URL pointing to your BSP page. This way the BSP page would be embedded with the IFrame on the Web dynpro view.

Best Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gaurav,

i am using WEBDYNPRO ABAP can i still do that? and i dont find IFRAME UI element there. could you please explain me little more.. Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

IFrame UI element in Web dynpro ABAP is deprecated, but you can still use it if you have no other alternative for managing your requirement.

Check out the following wiki post to understand the steps that you need to follow for using an IFrame:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/WebDynProABAPApplicationusingTreeandFrame|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/WebDynProABAPApplicationusingTreeandFrame]

Regards,

Gaurav