cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS related to SSF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. I am new to DMS and i want to know about SSF and digital signature in detail. and in a very simple languageFrom where i will get this software ,and if i have to install it from sap marketplace than tell me the exact path from where i can install it?

What are the prerequisites?

2.If suppose in "DEFINE SIGNATURE STRATAGIES" in "SIGNATURE METHOD" if we select option "SYSTEM SIGNATURE WITH AUTHORIZATION BY SAP USER ID/PASSWORD " than in digital signature we can assign sap id and password ,i want to know what will be the difference when we will use SSF and also tell me about SCN.

3.When status released is set in cv02n there are lot many fields where in we can't make changes , but if suppose manually user

changes the status than he is able to make changes. My requirement is once released status is set no one should be able

to change the released staus.

4. Shall i store the data(document) in sap database in production enviroment and if not what is the other way to store documents

, i don't want to create a content server initially atleast for 2 months so please suggest me the optimal and easy solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still waiting for the answer

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can you please elaborate the process since I know that it is possible but not able to do it, ABAPER is also

asking for more inputs from me , If you will explain in detail it will be helpful for me

Thanks

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In t-code DC10 in DEFINE OBJECT LINK there are number of objects by which we can easily attach the document

but i want to attach the documents to delivery and billing document or in simple words i want to add a new object.

Secondly is it possible to attach document at header level ,if yes please help.

Thanks and Regards

Abhilash Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

if you want to link document to other objects then first check whether standard objects are available thru se80-->function group CV130, if required objects are not found then with help of abaper you can develop required object for object linking.

Its possible to attach document at header level for which development is required.

Thank You,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In t-code DC10 in DEFINE OBJECT LINK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Questions 1 & 2

SSF(Secure Store & Fwd) mechanisms use digital signatures and digital envelopes to secure digital documents.The digital signature uniquely identifies the signer, is not forgeable, and protects the integrity of the data. Any changes in the data after being signed result in an invalid digital signature for the altered data. The digital envelope makes sure that the contents of data are only visible to the intended recipient(s).

Please browse through the below link for an improved understanding:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/53/251a355d0c4d78e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

SCN(SAP Community Network) is an online community for SAP users,employees,partners,customers et-al.Some of the benefits of being a SCN member are:

-Access to eLearning materials and downloads

-Community participation: Post questions and contribute to forums; post and comment on blogs

-Participation in the Contributor Recognition Program

-Bi-weekly community newsletters

-

Question 3

This can be achieved by defining appropriate status network(i.e, Release status with no predecessor and in 'locked' mode). Browse the below link for improved understanding(section on status network)

http://www.sap-press.de/download/dateien/1681/sappress_effective_document_management_with_sap_dms.pd...

-

Question 4

This is dependant on the volume of documents,usage pattern etc. Based on this, your options are:

1. 'DMS Storage' option(may store in SAP DB,Vault,RFC Archive), you can store upto 2 originals/documents and 99 additional files.

2. 'kPro Storage' option(may store in SAP DB,HTTP Content Server), you can store 'n' originals/documents and 'n' additional files.

Hope this helps. Do revert incase of further clarifications, if any.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 6, 2010 9:22 AM

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 6, 2010 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still waiting for the answer, If cannot answer all of the question simultaneously please answer

whichever you know the best.

Thanks and Regards

Abhilash Nayak