cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM-SUS Inquiry

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have done a lot of research and reading on the subject of MM-SUS and still am unclear as to what we can actually do. I'm hoping someone else on this forum can clear up some things for me.

We are going to upgrade to SRM 7.0 with ECC 6.0 EhP4. We use the classic scenario in SRM. From SUS, we would like to be able to do the following:

1. Have existing vendors update their master data (address, contact info, minority certifications, etc); this should then update the backend which will also update SRM

2. Have vendors submit invoices/credits

3. Give vendors ability to track status of invoices and PO's.

I believe that #2 and #3 are a natural part of SUS. But, I'm not sure if anything differently would need to be done since we are using the classic scenario and not every line item in our system requires a GR. Based on what I have read so far for MM-SUS, we would need to incorporate plan-driven procurement. I don't know if this is correct or what impact this scenario would have on our existing processes.

Please let me know if the items listed above can be done. Any additional documentation would be greatly appreciated. If anyone is using MM-SUS, please let me know how you use SUS. Do you allow new vendors to register? How does that update the backend since vendors are actually created on the backend and then transferred to SRM?

Monique Stephens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

You are right when you say that u will have to use : Plan driven procurement.

Yes steps 2 & 3 are integral parts of a normal SUS process.

Yes new vendors can register in the registration system / SUS system and then transferred to SRM system as Business partners.

After being incorporated as Business Partner in SRM you can use an XI scenario to push these vendors to the backend.

The name of the XI / PI scenario to push the registered vendors into ERP is Supply_base_management. But I am not very clear as to how to use this scenario.

Do let me know if you are able to figure out how this scenario works.

Hope the other information helps you.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Monique

Did you manage to sort out the issue where vendors can update their details with these changes then replicating back to SRM accordingly?

Regards

Keith

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have not explored SUS yet. We needed to get through the hurdles of upgrading to SRM 7 first.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

By using plan driven procurement, does that mean the PO's would have to be inventory items? We were hoping to use SUS for our non-stock items which comprises a majority of our PO's.

Since the BP in SRM is tied to the vendor master record number in SAP, I don't think we could create the vendors as BP in SRM. It would need to go to the backend first and then generate a BP in SRM (similar to the way vendors are created right now in SRM from the backend).

Monique