Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CALL transaction vs manual updation

kanishakgupta1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I faced a very rear problem today so i want to share with you as well as want to find out the reason why it has happened....

I am working in the transaction VL02N and when i go and delete the handling unit number manually through the transaction,the entry of the handling unit number is deleted from the table VEKP.but when i delete the handling unit number through the CALL TRANSACTION using the program ,the entry from the table VEKP is not deleted.

I had heard upto now that CALL TRANSACTIONS are only the movement from screens as we so manually through the transactions...So why this difference...Quite strange.....

Does anybody know why this happed... and how could i bring the both in sync...

Regards

Kanishak

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could process your call transaction in the light and see what happens.

Since the coding behind is the absolute same, there shouldnt be a difference. Or you have some customer mdifications/enhancements which are programmed to act different between call transaction and manually using the TA.

0 Kudos

I have checked it in fore ground and also updating through S mode thais synchronous and the coding is also same

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use VL02 (not the Enjoy version) for your Call Transaction, do you get the same behavior?