cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data is shown on webpage with crystal report 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with ASP.NET 2.0 and crystal reports 2008 (Its an evaluation copy without any service pack).

When i integrated report with asp.net i was not able to see anything on web page and it was showing javascript error "bobj is undefined". After looking into generated code through view source i fixed that problem.

Now the other problem is i'm not able to see any data for that report. it is showing all the icons for crstal report viewer but no data. Through crystal report designer i can see the correct data. only in web page no data is shown.

Please help me to solve the problem since we want to migrate to CR 2008.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download and apply SP 2:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100009038092009E/cr2008win_sp2.exe

and I'd also suggest FP 2.5:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100002975192010E/cr2008fp25.exe

Once you have those and if the issue persists, we'll look at troubleshooting this...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your suggestion i installed SP2 (SP1 was Prerequisite so i installed that first). I also installed FP mentioned by you but no luck. I still have the same problem.

I don't see any data on my webpage. Also i observed that before installing the SP/FP i could see data in my generated HTML through view source but it was not visible on screen. Crystal report is showing only toolbar icons. But after installing the SP/FP data is not available even in generated HTML.

Are there any settings (registry/www root folder) that we need to do before using crystal reports.

Please help me to solve the issue.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you go to page two, does the data magically appear? If you do not have page 2, try zooming in or any other event on the viewer.

Are you using postbacks?

If you are, try a simple one line app (crystalreportviewer1.reportsource = <path to saved data report>), no postbacks, no sessions. Does that work?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried all you suggestions but no luck.

First thing that i observed is that crystal report is not firing any of the event like export/print/next page/zooming. when i click on any button it doesn't do anything.

I created a test report and there is no other control on that page, so no post backs are happening there. Nothing is there in session also.

I'm already doing CrystalReportViewer.ReportSource = <Path of the .rpt file> in my page load event to show the report on page.

I also have Crstal reports XI R2 installed on my machine. Can that create some problem?

When i look into the HTML generated on my web page i see a lot of javascript which i don't see if i'm using CR R2. Are there any settings or any installation process that we need to follow for CR 2008.

I installed same CR2008 on one other machine and i got the same result (No data is shown).

waiting for you quick reply. Thanks in advance.

Deepak

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answer to both your question is "no".

If you run your app with a "saved data" report, does it work?

If you export the report that comes up blank and then view it in the designer, do you see the design as you'd expect? Or are the fields stripped out?

Try one of our sample app and see if you get the same issue. vbnet_web_simplepreviewreport.zip ; will be best. You can also try vbnet_web_simplelogonengine.zip. The samples are here:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsfor.NETSDK+Samples

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded the sample projects and they are working fine (I can see the reports, export them, print them). But my reports doesn't work.

I'm running a "saved data" report only. Also as i mentioned i'm not able perform any event so i can not export the report and see it.

Not able to figure out what the difference is.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hard for me to say what the diff may be. Obtaining a phone case may be worth considering so that someone can have a closer look. Phone cases can be obtained here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

Ludek

Answers (0)