cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to RFC Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Currently I'm doing a proxy to RFC scenario which is failing some point of time. Basically I'm creating material master data in a system by making use of the data of the other system. I'm sending the data from system A to system B. In system A I'm using outbound proxy to send the Material Master data and in system B I want the Master data to be created using the BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA. However when I'm triggering the proxy the data is being send fine which I can see in the tcode SXMB_MONI. But the same data is not being created in the system B. In the tcode SXMB_MONI the oubound status is success but the inbound status is blank.

Kindly Help.

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Currently I'm doing a proxy to RFC scenario which is failing some point of time. Basically I'm creating material master data in a system by making use of the data of the other system. I'm sending the data from system A to system B. In system A I'm using outbound proxy to send the Material Master data and in system B I want the Master data to be created using the BAPI BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA.

Why you do not use Idoc MATMAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the requirement. Thats why we are not going with the IDoc...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This is the requirement. Thats why we are not going with the IDoc...

That requirement is <reference_to_smelly_substance_removed_by_moderator>.

Always use IDocs for async scenarios, never use BAPIs.

You see the reason why.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 7, 2010 2:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

If there is no error in SXMB_MONI then can u plz check these 2..

1.Check in the SXMB_MONI, what is the output u r getting after interface determination... or copy the source payload from moni and test it in operation mapping and c if the o/p is desired one.

2.Now go to message monitoring in RWB and and check the payload u r sending for receiver adapter... let us know the payload...

Let us know the result...

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the RWB I checked it. In the message monitoring I can see the status as "System Error".

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Ok fine, now i think u see an error log also there.. open that message u will c an error log describing the reason for error..

U can easily trace out vtz the reason for error from log....

Let us also know vtz the error and vtz the payload u r getting there..

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Stefan.. you should either use the MATMAS idoc or you should go for proxy to proxy scenario and then inside the inbound proxy (in system B) you can use the desired BAPI to post the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thank you ver much for your replies. The scenario started working fine. There was some problem in the payload. Just wanted to tell that there no such rule that for asynchronous communication only IDoc should be used however it all depends on the requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

In case of BAPIs, after a BAPI call we need to commit the data changes/creation, check in the receiver RFC channel whether you have checked the option to commit after call.

Note in this case you will not see any entry in System B's SXMB_MONI transaction.

This scenario can also be designed as follows:

Client Proxy (Sys A) -> PI -> Server Proxy (Sys B), within this server proxy you can then call the BAPI to create the material and then commit the changes using BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT call, in this scenario you will find an entry in Sys Bs

SXMB_MONI transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

I'm also using the commit single bapi call.

Regards,

Santosh.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Check you mapping,i think some thing wrong in that,when you are bale to receive message successfully from Proxy,then problem in PI end.

What the error message are you getting in MONI?

rEGARDS,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already checked the mapping. Basically there is no error. I'm not getting any error message in MONI. The outbound message is in success status but the inbound message status is blank there is no icon.

Regards,

Santosh