Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintain items in more than one web service ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our catalog is maintained as below:

there are 12 web service ID's, for each web service ID, a named search was created.

until now, all the items that were uploaded, had only one web service ID related.

Now, I am facing a requirement for uploading items that will be displayed & active for more than one web service ID.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to deal with this requirement in a simple way?

Thanks in advance,

Hila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hila,

To separate Shopping List on different user groups, you need to build up multiple SRM-MDM Catalog definitions in the external webservice definition. You can create 12 web-services in SRM using SPRO - SAP Implementation Guide -> SAP Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Master Data -> Content Management -> Define External Web Services. During this webservice definition you will give the required User-name along with named search parameter. Then To assign the catalog to

a particular purchasing organization, enter the organization in the Purch. Organization field.

Refer for more details page 16 onwards..

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001156822009E

Also refer: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/2a/37290780d74681b6a6ee55ec0ba752/content.htm

SAP Note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1153525

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are talking about SRM-MDM Catalog. I can't think of any any problem (*as we are not fully aware of your current scenario). You just need to change the Named searches selection parameters so that it also includes those items which needs to be displayed into multiple catalogs. Otherwise, you can also use Mask Feature.

If you can give some more information, like what problem you are facing in displaying items in multiple catalogs, on what basis you have defined named searches etc. will help.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiv

I will explain more about our MDM catalog structure:

We created 12 web service ID (catalogs) for 12 different departments in our site so that each user from each department will display only the items that are loaded to his web service ID (catalog).

Now, I have items that I need them to be displayed in more than one catalog (there are number of departments that need to use the same items)

I hope this explanation is more helpful.

Thanks,

Hila

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got your requirement. So, let me know if there is any specific field value based on which you want to make records available to different departments by using named searches.

If there is no such field available then you can use Masks feature of MDM. if you can define Masks in Masks table of MDM one for each department. and then later on can assign records to these masks.

You can specify these department masks in the corresponding web service in SRM system.

The only difference between Masks and Named searches is, Masks are static and we have to manually assign records to Masks. While named searches are dynamic i.e. when ever any new record is added fulfilling the named search criteria, it will be automatically included in named searches. please revert if you face any problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv

We are not using admin roles in the MDM, we have only one user - Admin. From what I read, I understood that the MASK use depends on this.

After creating a MASK, how is the item related to the MASK displayed in the catalog (for example - I created a mask, I related the item to the MASK. How will this item be displayed in two relevant catalogs?)

Thanks

Hila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hila,

You should use User assigned to role Catalog User. You can see all the users assigned to this role using MDM Console e.g. User1, User2, User3 etc are assigned to this role Catalog User.

(for example - I created a mask, I related the item to the MASK. How will this item be displayed in two relevant catalogs?)

You will create multiple 12 web-service's here, For each web-service defined there is a parameter name mask.

On page 16 refer, 4. Maintain the parameters listed below, taking into account the additional information.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001156822009E , on page 17 you will find parameter name mask.

You have to give here parameter value as mask name (case sensitive) which you defined in data manager. As each Masks contain different items, you will create 12 masks in data manager and then give parameter value for each Mask defined in 12 different web-services. So in this manner you can display relevant catalogs with the items which you want to display.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini