Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run-time error '1004' --> Method 'Container' of object '_Workbook' failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One of our users is getting the following Microsoft Visual Basic error while running the report S_ALR_87013614.

Run-time error '1004'

Method 'Container' of object '_Workbook' failed.

I have searched the forum posts for help. But I only found some details related to Run-time error 1004 related to some excel file security but not related to "Method 'Container' of object '_Workbook' failed".

Could anyone please tell me how this error can be eliminated for the user?

Regards,

Lakshmi.

2 REPLIES 2

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmi,

Check if that user do have any parameter in his/her parameter tabe called G_RW_DOCUMENT_TYPE. If it's there then delete it from his/her parameter tab then execute S_ALR_87013614 again and see what happen...

Arpan

0 Kudos

Dear Arpan,

We too observed a few PIDs along with the one that you have mentioned but they make no difference. Some users who has the PID G_RW_DOCUMENT_TYPE set with some value are getting the report.

Upon further searching we are assuming that it could be an issue with the Microsoft applications or macro settings of the user. But not sure about it.

Regards,

Lakshmi Venigala.