cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing source/target structure without recreating mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement where we need to add one field in target structure of an interface. Based on my limited knowledge, I know that if source or target structures are changed then the entire mapping has to be recreated from scrach. Is my understanding correct? If not, how do I go about this change?

Thanks,

Dhawal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with PI 7.1

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-correct-structural-inconsistencies

prior - export the mapping to file - mte format - correct and import

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In any version of XI/ PI you can insert the new fields/ nodes at the end of the parent segment....if done in this manner then the mapping wont be lost:

Old:

<SRC>

<Name>

<First>

</Name>

</SRC>

New

<SRC>

<Name>

<First>

<Last>

</Name>

</SRC>

In this case the mapping wont be lost....however if you add a new node somewhere in middle or at the top of the existsing nodes then mapping will be lost:

<SRC>

<Name>

<Last>

<First>

</Name>

</SRC>

In short the sequencce of apperance of nodes should not change

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you change or rename the root node then your mapping will be lost otherwise just by adding another field will not cause you to loose your mapping.

Regards,

Sarvesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> There is a requirement where we need to add one field in target structure of an interface. Based on my limited knowledge, I know that if source or target structures are changed then the entire mapping has to be recreated from scrach. Is my understanding correct? If not, how do I go about this change?

When you add a new element, the mapping need not be recreated.

When you change a node name or change the hierarchy levels by adding or deleting nodes, your mapping is lost.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you arte using PI7.1 we can do it without loss of existing mapping,let me know which version of XI are u in??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We are using PI 7.1 only. The target structure is based on XSD provided by client. Should I ask the used to provide a new XSD conaining the new field? Also, once I import this XSD, how can I use that structure in my existing mapping without loss of mapping as you said?

- Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can directly use the xsd once you get the new field added into it. It will not destroy the existing mapping. Just make sure if the hierarchy remains same after adding the new field.