cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rows and Columns in Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have some questions regarding BI reporting.Will be greatful if you can answer them.

1.How or On what criteria do we decide what should be in rows and what should be in columns in a report?

2.How can we do so that my report displays information about Production YTD and Headcount YTD?

3.We have one setting while creating DSOs--Generate SIDs-I read in materials that it improves Query Performance.Do anybody know how it improves query performance?(I didnot know till today that we have SIDs in DSOs too!!!)

KR,

Johnson

Edited by: n.johnson on Apr 7, 2010 11:38 AM

Edited by: n.johnson on Apr 7, 2010 11:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.How or On what criteria do we decide what should be in rows and what should be in columns in a report?

It soley depends on the user specifications , though mostly KPI's are left in columns

2.How can we do so that my report displays information about Production YTD and Headcount YTD?

Restrict Production and headcount KF's with first day of the year till current day interval

3. It imporoves query performance if you are writing query on your DSO.

-Vikram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnson,

Please see following answer for your question, might be it will help you. one small request before you read it. you can find lots of post on this kind of question, so if you first try to find it will save your time, as well as you can find different different opinion for this question.

Generally, user used to see report in portrait Orientation. so we kept KPI/char with less uniq value in column and char with more number of unique values.

Create restricted KPI having calmonth restriction 1st month of year to current/entered month.(if you have calday, then use 1st of year to current/entered day).

Thanks,

Ashish