cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing a field value in output view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How can we capture a field value from a table being displayed in a view, for example i am displaying a view with some PO's in a table.If the user clicks on a particular row, i need to capture the PO number he clicked on to display detail data of that PO.

Probably this is a basic question, but i am new to WD4A and i have searched for a answer in SDN and coudnt get it.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make the column for displaying PO numbers as a link to url i.e use celle ditor as link to url.

Now you will see all the PO # underlined. Now when sm1 clicks on the PO you can display the PO details either in a table or in a Popup.

Also please elaborate if you are using aLV table or normal table control uielement to display PO's

If its ALV you can check this article to implement your scenario [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bd28494a-0801-0010-45a3-fc359d82d3e8?overridelayout=true]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

thanks for quick reply...i am using a normal table control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case please change your cell editor for the column to Link to Action and implement the event and place your code there.

Check demo component WDR_TEST_TABLE for more details

Answers (0)