cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of material master in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are implementing SRM 4.0 (SRM-Server 5.0) with CCM 2.0. We have transferred some material records from backend-system to the SRM-System by initial download with transaction R3AS after we had downloaded the customizing objects DNL_CUST_BASIS3, DNL_CUST_PROD0, DNL_CUST_PROD1, DNL_CUST_SRVMAS. Now a product category (new obligatory views were added) and some material records has changed. My question is who can we update the procuct categories and the material master records without starting the initial download. Are there any jobs exisiting like BBP_VENDOR_SYNC for updating vendor master records?

Best regards,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

this error message is normal: it is raised during SC item accounting check.

The GL account has been determined (476000), but what about the CO object (depending on your acct assign category).

Did you try to change the SC item accounting data ?

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

nice to hear again from you.

No i did not try to change the SC item accounting data. Can you tell me where i could change it? Where can i make setting for the CO Object?

Kind regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

i have found my error with your help. I have checked once again my organizational structure. I have entered the G/L accounting in the field CNT cost center. Now it works without these errors. The only confusing thing is that i have led the field target system in the slide "function" blank so that the local organizations are identified. Now every time i enter the transaction "ppoma_bbp" i receive the error message "Higher-level purchasing organization 50000029 is not assigned to a backend" and "Specify a target system". Is there any error?

Best regards,

Bernd

P.S. I have assigned you 10 reward points for solving my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Great, now the accounting "issue" is resolved, after the material replication issue.

Now here is a new issue on PPOMA_BBP (I don't get the link with previous ones, so you should have opened a new thread).

Anyway, for PPOMA_BBP message, this is a standard control that becomes a warning once you apply note <b>723907 EBP 3.5-5.5: Error messages PPOMA_BBP - "Function".</b>

The target system should be blank if you want to define a local purch org. But this has no sense if you are in a classic scenario.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

didn't I tell you that we use the extended classic scenario? In this case the local purchasing organization is mandatory, or? I think this SAP Note is relevant for my problem.

So far. Thanks.

BR,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

no, you never mentioned ECS (because the initial question was about material replication).

Right, ECS requires a local purch org, but this is a strange design inherited from old scenarios (where we let R/3 determine the Purch Org from the plant in old R/3 function BBP_PO_SAVE). For all my customers using ECS, the first BADI that I implement is the BADI to determine the purch group to pick up a "real" backend purch group and purch org. So we determine the real values in SRM, and can pass them to R/3.

Anyway, the note I gave you resolves your issue on PPOMA_BBP message.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

what BADI do you mean? I thought for ECS you need a local purchasing organization and group? So what does this BADI effect in real?

Best reagards,

Bernd

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all R/3 data is not relevant for SRM procurement process (in fact only few data is used).

The biggest loss if the plant view, because it should be used to restrict product access to SRM requestor.

But don't be afraid !!! when you will create a PO or GR in R/3, this R/3 data will be used for R/3 documents.

What do you want to do with profit center in SRM ?

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

by adding a item (internal or catalog) to a shopping cart we receive the error messages

No organizational data exists on item level

Account 476000 requires an assignment to a CO object

We supposed that at least for the last message this could concern that no CO-views (costing, cost estimate) was maintained for the material and we use in our backend-system a dummy profit center.

Best regards,

Bernd

P.S. I have assigned 6 points for your help because my problem is not solved already unfortunately. But i think i have added several topics in one topic so if you want i can open new topics and so i can assign more reward point for your help. You would deserve more points.

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

This error message has nothing to do with your material view.

It is a pure CO issue.

Please check transaction OKB9 in the backend.(material profit center which is linked to cost center )

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

i have already checked okb9 in the backend and there are no entries. But I am not familiar into FI/CO-transactions. Can you please tell me what i have to enter in this mask? If i make any entries in with this transaction execute?

Best regards,

Bernd

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

You just need to have a G/L account (cost element field) and your SRM allocation (cost center code or order...) for your company code.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

for download of changed/new material groups, you need to run again the Initial Download of DNL_CUST_PROD1.

for download of changed/new materials, you have nothing to do. This is automatically enabled after the first initial replication: in R/3 just check events and download type in CRMCRFCPAR. Of course, the current filter on object MATERIAL still apply.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

in case of creating a new material in R/3 for a relevant material group (product category) in SRM i have nothing to update because this will be done automatically in cause of the settings (Delta-Download) in table CRMCRFCPAR, right?

So if the new material is not excluded by a filter of object Material, the new material has to appear after calling transaction COMMPR01, right.

How can i check if the delta-download is working? I have made the settings for delta-download in table CRMCRFCPAR.

Best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Right for everything.

See note 720819 for CRMRFCPAR.

When changing or creating a material in R/3, this will raise a delta event (eanbled automatically after the initial download has taken place), and trigger its replication. So a BDOC will be created in SRM. And the product will be created/changed.

You can display BDOCs in SRM.

You can also check queues in both systems.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

thank you very much. My original problem was that we had internal products in EBP which were in a product category without any controlling views. We added this views to the product category and also maintained this views for the products in R/3. Now we have to restart initial load of DNL_CUST-PROD1, right. After that the changed material master is replicated automatically to SRM, right? Are the views of product category in SRM the same as the views of the material types in SRM? And if yes, where can I see them in SRM? Are these types calles settypes in SRM?

Best regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

If I understand the problem correctly, you have added new set types in EBP and named it as controlling fields..

If yes..

These set types are available as tables in EBP.

Business object structure (MATERIAL) is determined by R/3 at the time of delta load which is later mapped in EBP before Bdoc generation.

You can explore some BADI or try to find mapping in EBP side..Other option is to trigger some event or run background job and pump data in EBP via RFC..

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

yes you are right: R/3 material view = EBP product set type.

Only few predefined set types are used and assigned in SRM (tcode COMM_ATTRSET):

COMM_PR_CATEGORY Product Categories

COMM_PR_GTIN Global Trade Item Number (GTIN)

COMM_PR_PUR_1 Purchasing

COMM_PR_SHTEXT Descriptions

COMM_PR_UNIT Units of Measure

CRMM_PR_TAX Product Taxes

They are assigned to a product category (most of them in R3PRODSTYP --> MAT_ cateogry).

All the set types are all displayed in transaction COMMPR01.

I don't know which R/3 views you want to replicate in SRM, but as you can see, the product data model is lighter than R/3 data model.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

no we add new views (cost estimate 1 and costing 2) to the material tpye EBP1 (copy of another material type) in R/3.

I can not add any set types in SRM because the materials were replicated from R/3 and so i am only able to change this product category/material type in the original backend-system.

BR,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

so if there are more views in R/3 maintained than the available settypes in SRM e.g. costing, these views are not relevant for SRM, right? So if we work with profit center how could this work? Or are profit centers not allowed in SRM?

BR,

Bernd

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

As far as i know :

- there is no delta update for product category : you need to restart DNL_CUST_PROD1

- delta upload for products works with R3AC4

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bernd

Product categories are customising objects and have to be done manually.

For products there is a delta download which we can schedule with following steps

R3AR2 - Define Requests Set Filters

R3AR3 - Monitor Requests Monitor the downloads

R3AR4 - Start Requests Schdule the job

Following job is schdule in SM37 automatically as soon as you do R3AR4 - SMOF_REQUESTN

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nimish,

thanks for your answer. Can you explain me the several steps which have to be done?

In R3AR2 I have to make a new entry with Object "Material", right?

With R3AR3 I can monitor the download, right?

With R3AR4 I start the delta download? After i have started the delta download i have automatically scheduled the job "SMOF_REQUESTN"? Can I make any settings for the period in which this job has to run?

Best regards,

Bernd