cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open .NET InfoView in BO XI 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus, I have successfully installed BO XI 3.1 on Windows Server 2003 with MS SQL 2005 and also installed Tomcat 5.5. I am able to login to java CMC and InfoView just fine but unable to login .NET InfoView. When I try to open http://SERVER/InfoViewApp/logon.aspx, I get "The page cannot be displayed .... Cannot find server or DNS Error".

I checked all my settings following a guide http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9030bb59-079d-2b10-f8b9-967403481..., but still was not successful in getting this work for me.

Does any body has an idea where I'm going wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you access it via the IP Adress ? Cause your Browser states a DNS Error.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I tried the IP address as well.

I'm getting the same message. Any idea what else could go wrong?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting this error message on client machine or on your Main Machine where you have install BOBJ Enterprise?

Have you installed latest Service Pack and Fix Pack or not? (Go to [service.sap.com] to see latest updates and upgrades.

If not then install them and see if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any update on this.

I tried flushing the DNS and by following these commands at command prompt and also rebooted the server after this..

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

This did not help me. Have anybody had this problem?

Please help me find a solution.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you checked if the actual page is installed? How about if the aspx doc extension is defined in IIS? Ther error is pretty clear and you have eliminated DNS as an issue, either the physical deployment is missing or IIS can't find it.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Have you checked if the actual page is installed?

I believe you are talking about the files located in this location: D:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Web Content\InfoViewApp\InfoViewApp\logon

I have these files in there by default installation: logoff.aspx; logon.aspx; siteminderError.aspx; start.aspx

How about if the aspx doc extension is defined in IIS?

If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about if I right click on InfoViewApps in IIS and then go to properties, and then make sure the Local Path is D:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Web Content\InfoViewApp\InfoViewApp\logon

Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today I had this message "HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Internet Information Services (IIS)"

Kindly assis me in finding solution to this.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

now you have switched to an access issue. Is infoviewapp set for anonymous access?

-T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim, can you please give me more details here? Are you saying that my Application pool has "Nework Service" Application Pool Identity in IIS?

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm not talking about the app pool the security settings for infoviewapp, platform services, and infoviewappactions should be checked that anonymous access is enabled.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

For Default Website and uner it InfoViewApp, InfoViewAppActions and Platform Services, I have Integrated Windows authentication checked. Is that a problem?

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It is if SSO isn't setup properly. Try anonymous 1st to get tyour deployment working then setup SSO. 1 thing at a time.

Regards,

Tim