Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying FG and FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

my requirement is to create a copy of standard FM..

I tried to create copy but it was not allowing to create in same FG,

So I have create copy of FG then created all FM with new names.

But when I am executing FM's both (Standard one and copied one ) , I am getting data to standard one..but copied one was not able to pick the data.

pls , let me know solution for the above issue

Regards,

vinesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

goto se80,

right click your fg name and press copy.

first it will copy the fg then it will ask to copy the fm, suppose there are 4 fm in one fg then you have to copy all tthe fm with the new name and also u need to copy the includes if any.try this,make your FG and FM as Z or Y object.

Hope this should work.

thanks,

tanmaya

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which function module you have copied ?

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to copy all include programs in new FM which is having in standard function module and activate all include pograms and Fucntion module.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you copied all the include programs related to that Standard FM from the Standard Function Group to your Function Group?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

In transaction SE80 , first copy the Standard Functional group to Zfunction group and then copy the FM to ZFm.

Regards,

Lokeswari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you copied the entire standard function group to new one using the Tcode SE80. in Se80, open standard function group, right click on the function group name, select option "Copy", This will prompt to you to copy all the objects related to standard function group to the custom FG.

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied through SE80 only.

Regards,

vinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

goto se80,

right click your fg name and press copy.

first it will copy the fg then it will ask to copy the fm, suppose there are 4 fm in one fg then you have to copy all tthe fm with the new name and also u need to copy the includes if any.try this,make your FG and FM as Z or Y object.

Hope this should work.

thanks,

tanmaya

0 Kudos

hi ,

I have copied as you said, but still same problem exist.

Regardsm

vinesh

0 Kudos

Can you specify which Function module has been copied?

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinesh,

if you have copied the Function Module properly .

Check the below points.

In standard , any of the function module in the function group is populating the Global Tables and paramaters. The standard FM will refer the Global tables and parameters and makes the function module works fine.

if you have copied all the function modules in the standard function group into custom FG and Custom FM's , check whether your are using the your Custom FG's function module in your Custom FM.

let me Clarify in detail here.

you have Copied Standard Function Group SFG to ZSFG.

Say suppose you are supposed to use Function module SFM1 of SFG. you would have copied SFM1 to ZSFM1.

if Standard FM SFM1 would be calling SFM2( also belongs to SFG ) internally , you shoud call your ZSFG's function module in place of SFM2. ( While copying the Standard Function group if you have copied all the FM's of SFG, In your ZSFG you would have created the FM's in Customer name space ( Z* ). you should call ZSFM2 here )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some times hard code will be there which will refer to the standard function group.

like function group program name will be hard coded as standard one in the custom function modules as well.

I have faced the similar problem and when i checked the ALV function module for display, there the standard program was hard coded.

Please check for hard codes in the custom function group.

Regards

Shibino.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why make a copy that will be obsolete at your next upgrade probably? Not a smart move....why not use the implicit enhancement points in the function modules to alter the FMs to the behavior you need?