cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent stock posting without UD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to introduce some controls in stock posting in Inspection lot stock - New material column. The control is New Material option to be used only for Finished Products and not for others. Before Stock posting UD is compulsory. Here I cannot use user profile as it used for the entire inspection type and it cannot be used for material type in specific.

I tried to use QEVA0010 (UD: Usage decision check) user exit. Here we can control the UD but not stock posting. Stock posting is possible without making UD.

Kindly suggest me the solution through any other user exits or BADI.

Thanks & Regards

V.Devaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev Raj,

Please have a look in the following link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/601c82e3-b743-2c10-dbb6-ed4c00167...

Hope it will solve your problem

Regards,

Rajarao.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a new inspection type. Assign the status profile to prevent the stock postings to this new inspection type. For those materials where you want to prevent the early stock posting, set the new inspection type as the preferred inspection type. Use the normal inspection type of other materials with no status profile assigned.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Whether I am going to use the existing inspection type or new inspection type is not a problem. My requirement is how to control the stock posting in New material code coulmn in inspection stock posting while making usage decision (eg. Semi Finished materials should not be converted as Finished goods vice versa, In finished goods itself I should introduce the control that they should not change the part no. which is available in material code itself etc.).

I appreciate your valuable suggesstion.

Thanks & Regards

v. Devaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devaraj,

The best way is to define user profile and assign it to Insp type 04, This will ensure you that the activity of stock posting w/o giving UD is blocked. You are correct, you can assign this at Inspection type level but there is no harm in even applying this to all materials coming under 04 type, no harm even if this is applied to other materials like SFG's.

Pl revert,

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dev,

There is a beautiful and very help full document is available that will surely solve your problem. Pls go through these links.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20fbc091-ea3a-2b10-f0a3-877ffbf36436?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can make use of staus profile.

Amol