Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save Portal page with iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

After adding iView to Page getting this info

"The Isolation Method property of the object you added has been set to read-only. The value must remain URL for the object to run in the page"

and is not allowing me to Save the page.

Thanks in Advance

ASR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ASR,

Please check page object is locked or not. if it locked then unlock it from system administraiton >> monitoring >> portal >>object locking. remove if page object is locked.

Refer to Page Editing : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a3/badf3d48b05d5ae10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

Thanks for your replies.

I have already tried all the solutions mentioned in the thread, but it's NOT WORKING.

Please help..

Thanks in Advance

ASR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your iView in Quality server working fine in preview mode ? If not try comparing the properties of iView in dev and quality.

Or you can try creating the iView in QA portal and check? if things are working fine there is some problem with transportation of iView.

can you give some details of the iview?

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. Please let me know how you resolved the issue, if you have.

Thank you.

Regards,

Simni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ananda ,

Please try to re - transport the complete role from the Development system to QA system , In the transport please select the option "resolve all references" . It may so happen that sometimes few objects within the role may not have been trasported completely, or some dependent objects may not have got transported .

By this complete transport your issue would be resolved .

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Ronica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASR,

The 'Isolation Method' property of the iView that you added to the page might have got changed. Please check the same. you will find the property under "Load" property category of the iView. Change the property to 'URL' and then try saving the page.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried the option but it's not working. This Page with iView is working perfectly in Dev system. The problem is happening with Quality system. Any idea how to solve it.

Thanks in Advance

ASR

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to transport that page along with iview from dev to quality and check again.

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghi

I have transported Page with the iView fron Dev to Q but same issue ; iView is missing in the page. So tried to manually add the iView to the page but while saving giving the info as "The Isolation Method property of the object you added has been set to read-only. The value must remain URL for the object to run in the page" while saving the page. Please help

Thanks

ASR

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check the permissions of the iview and the page whether you have full permissions or not and also end user check box is checked.

Then try to change the Isolation method property to url and save it. then assign this iview to the page and try it.

Raghu