Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

What are the specific Linux update requirements for BO Enterprise XI R2?

Hello,

I'm having a lot of trouble clarifying the exact operating system requirements for an older release of Business Objects Enterprise. Is anybody able to help me with this at all please?

The "BUSINESSOBJECTS ENTERPRISE XI RELEASE 2 SP3 FOR LINUX - SUPPORTED PLATFORM INFO" document (found at http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/9002df91-9c3e-2b10-2193-e9ed2633859e) states:

u201C

Supported Operating Systems

u2022 Red Hat 4.0 Advanced Server

u2022 Red Hat 4.0 Enterprise Server (1)

u2022 SuSE Linux 9.0 Enterprise Server

(1) Install workaround required. Refer to KB4026578 article.

"

Does this mean that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0 is the only version which is supported please?

Does it mean it mean that versions of RHEL 4, including updates like RHEL 4.7 (ES) are not supported please?

A later section of the same document states that there is a "minimum patch level for Red Hat 4.0" which could imply that 4 GA is a minimum.

(Note that the software appears to work fine on RHEL 4.7, but we want to ensure that support will be available.)

Why I'm posting here:

I support Linux servers. They're running a software solution provided by another company which includes a licensed copy of BO Enterprise. This other company isn't interested in following up on the specific requirements and have asked us to downgrade our servers from RHEL 4.7 to RHEL 4.0 (that is RHEL 4 GA).

Since we don't directly have a support agreement with SAP, technical support won't help me.

Thank you very much,

Dave.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question