Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to convert smartforms format to xls format

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,every body,

i received a requirement today,in which user want to save smartforms as xls format.

pls tell me how can i do it,or is there any function like 'convert_otf'?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BDS- Business Document Services

BDS has an option of creating table templates. Excel sheets with predefined formats and layouts can be uploaded in it. The data can be filled in predefined areas or windows declared in MS Excel at runtime.

Usually, table templates are used, when data is required to be filled in Excel sheets with specific formats/layouts or technical drawings.

Edited by: Satyajit on Apr 7, 2010 3:44 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this link.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SendSmartformAs.XlsAsSpreadSheet.

Regards,

raj.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The smartform output can be sent to spool and then the spool can be convereted into XLS format using FM RSPO_DOWNLOAD_SPOOLJOB. The spool number can be fetched from the export parameters of the smartform FM.

Otherwise, for better look and feel a BDS table template similar to smartform layout can be created in OAOR transaction.

The template can be filled with runtime data and saved in BDS or application server directly.

0 Kudos

hi Satyajit ,

tks first.

what's the BDS?abbreviation of what?

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BDS- Business Document Services

BDS has an option of creating table templates. Excel sheets with predefined formats and layouts can be uploaded in it. The data can be filled in predefined areas or windows declared in MS Excel at runtime.

Usually, table templates are used, when data is required to be filled in Excel sheets with specific formats/layouts or technical drawings.

Edited by: Satyajit on Apr 7, 2010 3:44 PM