Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Acknowledgemet

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i am dealing with IDOC acknowledgements for the scenario JDBC to IDOC.once IDOC is reached (not posted) successfully to R3 we need to update the status for that particular row in database.

For this i need to go for system ack as i need to confirm only whether my IDOC reached R3 or not.

in BPM there is option for Transport and Application acknowledgement.

how can i select System acknowledgement in BPM??

system ack = transport ack in BPM??

As i know,if you request transport ack in BPM then receiver adapter will send the ack to BPM ( not R3 system).is this the same case with system ack??

Thanks

Krish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

You can handle the IDOC acknowledgment as mentioned in this blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50b499b3...

Schedule report: RBDSTATE which will trigger ALEAUD IDoc

that contains information about (source) IDoc number and

(source) IDoc status.(no idea if you can customise the IDOC segment as per ur requiremet).

As you know the IDOC adapter doesnt support sync processing.Would suggest to

set up another interface IDOC to JDBC for updating the records in JDBC.(beter interms of performance,no need to wait till ack comes in BPM).

If you must use BPm then try exploring on async-synch bridge if that applies to your requirment.

Regards,

Srinivas

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

what do u mean by Normal Ack here? system or application?

I have to use BPM in my case...using BPM how can we configure system acknowledgements??

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you send IDoc to R3, R3 sendback a transport Ack. It means ONLY that your IDoc comes to ERP.

Sometime ERP sends another one transport Ack. In any case ERP send transport Ack with "final" flag (the last sended transport Ack has this flag). I saw one or two transport Ack in SXMB_MONI for one IDoc.

If you set in your BPM the Transport Level of Ack - your BPM waits for Final Transport Ack.

Successfully final transport Ack means ONLY that your IDoc successfully comes and puts into incoming queue in R3. Unsuccessfully transport Ack - only when you have a broken connection between R3 and XI. And if you set a Transport Level in BPM SendStep and processing of IDoc failed in R3 - you never know about it.

If you set an Application Level of Ack - your BPM waits for final AppAck, for MATMAS IDoc I saw 1-2 TranspAck and 3-4 AppAck. If processing of IDoc failed in R3, R3 sendback a negative AppAck, your BPM catch this and you can send "negative" message about it to your JDBC source system.

Regards.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Transport Ack cannot be used for an IDOC receiver.....it works only for adapters based on AE...hopefully i am not wrong here.

You can configure the normal Acknowledgement process for your IDOC (references available in SDN).