cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Standard XI Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can you plz suggest me a way how we can export standard XI messape mapping on the presentation server.

I want to change the standard mapping due to customer requirement.

Kindly suggest me the way.

Regards,

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not recommended to change the (Original) Standard Mapping....copy this mapping to some other namespace and then make the change that you want....this is the procedure followed normally.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response.

yes i copied that object.

Does we need to provide any other info.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

You do not need to do anything further. Do the required changes in the message mapping. Test the message mapping using test tab. After that you can copy this new message mapping in the old namespace. If you keep the name of the new message mapping as that of old one then you need not to do any changes in the existing interface but for that you need to delete the old one from namespace. Before deleting old one take backup of it for future reference.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Does we need to provide any other info.

No other info is required....i wont suggest that you delete the old (original) object....maintain this new (modified) mapping separately.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the mappings are created in other namespace, then follow the same transport procedure as you do for any other PI object.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

If you looking for a way to copy the exsiting mapping in your local system for a backup purpose , then there are two ways:

1. In Message Mapping go to edit mode, Press CtrlShift0, this will open up a new screen where you will find the export icon just above properties. This will save the mapping in .xim format.Similar way you need to import option which is also there.

2. Go to message mapping ->Graphical editor (where you map the fields), press CTRLSHIFTRight Click ,from Tools Export Tools --- Export.

It will give u an .mte file.

CTRLSHIFTRight Click , select Tools --- Export Tools --- Import.

When i check in PI 7.1 for this option (may not be a SAP standard Practice!!), it is not there any more.If you are using PI 7.0 you can try both ways , if its PI 7.1 use the first appraoch.

..If you want to make a demo changes in mapping , then i would suggest to make a copy object in a test namespace , and then edit and do the required testing .Once thats tested agreed then you can mannulay change the correct verison.

Regards,

srinivas