cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-mail & sap configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a send-mail as a mailing system. I want to upgrade send-mail with q-mail system. Please suggest me steps to smooth change over between system

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi ChiragJaguwala,

What SAP release are you currently on?

If you are using WAS (>=6.10) then all you have to do is update the hostname and listening port SMTP server (SCOT -> Node "SMTP" -> Update "Mail Host" and "Mail Port". This enables SAPconnect to communicate via SMTP directly with QMAIL.

If you are on release <=6.10 (46D, 46C, 45B etc) then you are using the IMG (Internet Mail Gateway) to communicate with Sendmail. In this case the change is not so easy as the IMG parses information to Sendmail using the following command:-

sendmail -i -f<SENDER_ADDRESS>

So for the IMG to communicate with QMAIL then you will have to update the mailgw.ini file to reflect this change as the command to parse information to QMAIL might be different.

To update the command for QMAIL you can use the following command on OS level:-

mlsomadm mailgw.ini

You will then be able to configure the correct command for calling QMAIL.

Please be aware that there is loads of pitfalls for using another command line mailer than Sendmail with the IMG and some tweaking of the commands might be necessary.

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I require information on changes require in SAP System only. Above mention steps only require to change mail client.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as SCOT points to the right SMTP Server/Port and the domain is maintained that should do from the SAP side.

As Rajesh mentioned is important that the relay is set on the SMTP server.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you asking how to upgrade sendmail to Q-mail ?

I hope, you are asking about the changes you need to be done in regards of SAP (SMTP Configuration - SCOT).

You will need to configure relay setting to permit SAP Host to send the mails to external email address.

Add the below line you Qmails relay file (/etc/tcp.smtp)

Below command will do the job OR edit above file using VI editor.

#echo '<SAP_Server_IP_Address>.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""' >> /etc/tcp.smtp

In addition below link may help you understanding QMAIL...

[www.qmailrocks.org|www.qmailrocks.org]

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede