Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join table during MDM validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I am a beginner of SAP MDM.

I'm testing the MDM on my own with inetranl MDM test server.

During test, I've got a question for the validation in Data Manager.

When creating a validation rule, there is a restrict to use only one table defined in MDM repository for the validation.

Is there any way to make reference with two or more MDM tables in validation step, like join table?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Q,

Joining table during Validation is not possible,but joining source data is possible thru importmanager.

Thanks

Yugandhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies , Yugandhar and Ravi.

However, is there any more practical way?

Best Regards,

Q.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Ravi, "Writing a validation expression on more than 1 table is possible in MDM in a limited manner." You can select fields of lookup table to your table on which validation is needed, while writing validation expressions. But if tables are not interrelated then you can't use other tables fields.

If you want to do so, they you can use Java API.

Using Java APIs you can fetch data from multiple tables, can compare them and can throw validation error if something wrong or not as per your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv.

Thanks for you reply.

Your answer is that I only have to join table through UI implementation tool like webdynpro Java

without validaion rule in MDM Data Manager?

Regards

Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using Java code you can implement any complex validations depending on the needs- joining multiple tables, cross checking across multiple records.

This can not be done using MDM Validation expressions.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

Thanks for you reply.

Would you let me know where can I find the information about what you told me

Or if possible, please give me the related material you have?

Regards,

Q.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As all the MDM experts said that with MDM validation expressions, you cannot achieve your requirement, but if you have good knowledge on Java or Dot Net programming then you can acheive your validation requirement with the help of MDM Java and .NET API Developer Guide.

Here it is [MDM Java and .NET API Developer Guide|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/72/d36e1ed3ce43028adc851b8fed5668/MDM_Java_Net_API_Guide.pdf].

Thanks/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tarun.

We have no choice but to dig into Java API,

Regards

Q.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Writing a validation expression on more than 1 table is possible in MDM in a limited manner.

When writing validation for the main table we can include the Qualifiers defined in a qualified table.

You can also include fields from other lookup flat tables if they have been defined as display fields for that lookup table.

best regards

Ravi