Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-defined SYST Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may sound strange, but is there a way to create a structure like SYST and make it available to all ABAP programs the way the SY structure is?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jglenn,

What is your exact requirement. Please explain why do you want the table like 'SYST'.

Thanks,

Chinmay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Z structure can be created similar to SYST in database dictionary.

This will be avaliable to all ABAP programs.

Only system values will not be populated automatically as in case of system variable.

Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos

Yes, I can create a Z structure, but I want it act like the SYST system fields. You can access them like sy-subrc, sy-tabix, etc. without defining anything in your program. I would want the z structure to always be available like SY.

0 Kudos

No, you cannot expect your zstructure to act like syst in all standard programs.

Alternatively you can pass the syst structure to your zstructure at runtime

using enhancements related to some particular transactions in which you want

the zstructure to be used.

0 Kudos

This is basically what I want to do: I want to set the z struct in the main program and populate it with data. From within the main program, call a function module and have the z struct with the data that was populated in the main program available in the function module. I do not want to pass the data to the FM with import params or tables.