Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting on debit/credit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Here is my question.

After I created employee as a vendor and there in a master vendor record wrote an account, can you please show me, how travel expenses would go on debit/credit when posting from FI-TV to FI?

If I have a travel expense type Accomodation, a wage type related to it, and two accounts - one for a debit side, another - for credit side.

Now we treat an employee as a vendor.

And we also want to input a deduction for the whole travel expense with sign. Deduction is also connected to two accounts in FI.

How will this be posted?

Accomodation wage type will be posted to a credit side??? What shoud be put in T706K??? With or (-)??? Will the vendor account go to the debit side directly because of 1RR *KP ???

???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elder,

Could you please let me know why are you crediting accomodation expenses??

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess that I didn't make myself clear.

I finally created a vendor for a personnel number and there in vendor master records wrote an account for vendor 1251-. It goess for Credit side.

Account for travel expense Accomodation is 995-701 and in goes for Debit side.

Vendor account 1251-

Dt Cr.

+

Accomodation expense 995-701

Dt Cr

+

The challenge was because we posted through HR Payroll and used a transit account 3350-999 (wage type for accomodation-- Debit for 995-701, Credit for 3350-999. 3350-999 was a technical account used for gathering all the payments in HR.After that we we used to make a deduction by another wage type where 3350-999 turned to 3350-00 and went for Debit side, and 1251- went for Credit side and was assigned to a vendor. 3350-00 was used for making payments to employees) .

Now when posting directly to FI we don't need this technical transit account 3350-999 as we post directly to a vendor account.

Now we don't know how is the company going to pay for expenses to employee - will they make payments on 3350-00 right in FI???

We also don't know about taxation of over-rate amounts????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Employee Vendor account decides the payment. Any credit entry to vendor account will be paid to employee, from finance using payment Run.

Tax calculation can be done by setting limits in the maximum limits table, the exceeding amount will be taxed as per the configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any credit entry to vendor account will be paid to employee, from finance using payment Run.

by what T-Code???

Tax calculation can be done by setting limits in the maximum limits table, the exceeding amount will be taxed as per the configuration

i know where this maximum rated are customized, but where the configuration for taxes is customized? in FI-TV customizing or Payroll customizing???

Former Member
0 Kudos

by what T-Code??? Please contact your FICO person.

know where this maximum rated are customized, but where the configuration for taxes is customized? in FI-TV customizing or Payroll customizing???

in the max limit for amount table , use the option D

(D) Distribution of the receipt amount to different wage types

The receipt amount is split into two parts if the maximum amount stored here is exceeded.

The first part contains the maximum amount stored and is assigned to the first wage type. This part contains the input tax code of the receipt recorded in dialogs.

The second part is the amount that exceeds the maximum rate. It is written to the second wage type and posted with 0% input tax.

First and second wage type wil be available in expense type- wage type assignment table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

excuse me, i guess that a little bit of misunderstanding is because of our legislations ) i mean the input tax.

As far as i understand input tax includes tax for social security, individual income tax, social tax and compulsory pension taxes? Or not??? Social security - yes. But what about the others?

If i understand correctly, fjr the first wage type we put an amount within the limit for the input tax.

in the second wage type we put an amount that exceeds the limit and it goes with 0% input tax.

Where in FI this input tax gathers and where can I see the sum???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tax code will contain a GL account to store tax amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeap, i know this. a GL account where the input tax will be gathered. But this will solve the matter for income tax-exempt. and what about other taxes (social, pension) - don't you have them? where are they taxed from the rates that exceed the limit???

My guess is - in HR Payroll. Am I right?

Edited by: Eldar Hamitov on Apr 16, 2010 9:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never encountered social & pension taxes. Dont we have provision in Tax code config? Otherwise payroll is the option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

excuse me, but what is provision in tax code configuration? where is it configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use tcode FTXP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeap, there is a configuration for VAT tax codes.

I guess that I shoud search in FI for the types of taxes, that can be configured in FXTP