cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download files from SolMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have downloaded all the files from SolMan using tcode SOLAR01and stored on my local hard disk.

There is a problem; problem is that the name of the downloaded file is not the name of the document mentioned in the SolMan, for example, if you can see document name as u201CDM Basic Settings.DOCu201D but the name o the downloaded file will be u201CD868AB7881C34242834D5EBF13D85B94.DOCu201D.

Please suggest intelligent way to solve the problems apart from rename.

Regards,

Hema

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I download the documents and I find list of documents along with blue.dat,blue,solarblueprint, solarblueprint but I am unable to see anything that I can run , I couldnt find the macro which will convert the file. Please suggest. Points will be rewareded for the correct responses.

Thanks & Regards

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Firstly, I would recommend you to open a new thread as this one is 3 years old and to keep the content organized. It can be confuse to find this kind of content later on if it is mixed with old threads.

Regarding the blueprint, after generating it in solution manager, you'll have a local directory with many files.

Open this directory and then open the word file "solarblueprint.doc". (it is generally automatically opened after generating the blueprint)

It should look like this(depending on the office version):

In this case you just need to hit the "enable content" button.(yellow warning)

Then, navigate to tab "view" and click on "Macros->view macros":

It'll open the following popup, just hit the button "run":

The document will then be filled by all the content collected in the blueprint generation:

Additionally, I've created sometime ago the following KBA about the blueprint template and how to adjust it. It may be helpful in the future.

1654379 - Adjusting Template Document for Business Blueprint Generation

I hope this information helps you.

kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricius,

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I tried following your instruction.

I am getting an error message " Unable to read the file"

Please find the attactment. Kindly suggest

Thanks & Regards

Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahman,

sorry for the delay. I'd suggest you to try the following note

1439241 -   Error message "Unable to read data!"

In case it doesn't help, it is very likely that one of the documents included in the blueprint is corrupted. Try checking the documents in the selection for which this blueprint is being generated and try accessing all of them inside the system.

kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Can you please elaborate as to how you downloaded data from SOLAR01?

Thanks,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In solar01->Business BluePrint->Generate Business Brueprint document

All files for creating the Business Blueprint document have been

downloaded.

They are on your local hard disk in: xxx\BLUEPRINT.

Regards,

Hemlata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemlata,

Normally, the generated blueprint will have the document name as "solarblueprint" and then you need to execute the macro "SAP_BUSINESS_BLUEPRINT". After executing the macro, the system, will convert the document name to "BLUEPRINT".

Also, alll the relevant documents are stored inside the folder "BLUEPRINT".

Please check if the following files exist in the "BLUEPRINT" folder:

1. solarblueprint.doc

2. solarblueprint.dot

3. blue.ini

Thanks,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying to run mentioned macro in solarblueprint.dot and solarblueprint.doc file it is showing it is disable.

How to proceed further.

Reg,

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Are you trying to change the header and footer of the current blueprint template? If Yes, then you need to change (upload) only the solarblueprint.doc file.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

While running the macro it was showing Compatibility problem and finally created repaired document. However, format of that documnet has been changed. After running the macro i thought it will change the name of the downloaded files from solman but it didnt. This is my biggest problem.

Looking for solution

Reg,

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Is the macro still getting destroyed?

Thanks,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Is this issue resolved?

Thanks,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was busy in some other work.

No it is still open.

Still looking for exact solution.

I have run the Macro, it is creating documnet but not in proper format and again name of downloaded files from SolMan are not the proper name which we can see iin the actual SolMan system.

Regards,

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Please note that the documents that you upload are normally displayed completely in the blueprint document. They are showed as links only if you do not have the relevant format installed on your machine.

Example: If you have a file say Test.pdf uploaded to the blueprint, then, when you generate the blueprint, the contents of this file will be displayed completely. Only if you dont have "Adobe Reader", the link is displayed.

Also refer to notes: 1417043, 1437385 and 1442338 as they solved my issue.

Thanks,

Rinkal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rinkal,

I have to uploaded documnets on livelink. It comes from best practice.

My problem is the name of the downloaded file is not the name of the document mentioned in the SolMan, for example, if you can see document name as u201CDM Basic Settings.DOCu201D but the name o the downloaded file will be u201CD868AB7881C34242834D5EBF13D85B94.DOCu201D.

Let me see referd notes: 1417043, 1437385 and 1442338

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Hema