cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change User ID Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

It is possible to adjust uid of SAP User on AS/400.

I find Note 818091 to show how adjust Group ID.

If we want to adjust UID but not effect current security setting , is it possible?

Best Regards,

Wu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Wu,

I was trying to perform the UID change on a user profile in order to find out what was happening, but then I realized that I cannot change the UID of the user profile if the profile owns objects in directories. The attempt resulted in error message CPF22DC: "Not allowed to change UID of the user profile. Cause: The UID of a user profile may not be changed when the profile is the owner of an object in a directory."

The only way to change the UID would be to perform the following steps:

1. Create a temporary user profile with CRTUSRPRF.

2. Delete the SAP profile using DLTUSRPRF with parameter OWNOBJOPT(*CHGOWN <temp. user profile>)

3. Create the SAP profile again, specifying the UID and GID explicitely. It may be the easiest to use the command CRTSAPUSR from the kernel library in order to get the parameters right.

4. Delete the temporary user profile using DLTUSRPRF with parameter OWNOBJOPT(*CHGOWN <SAP user profile>)

This whole operation is a bit tricky, especially if there are locks on objects that are owned by the user profile. So before starting all that, please reconsider if you really need to use a special UID for that user profile. At this point in time it may be easier to leave the uid as it was generated and set the uid explicitely to this value on the other servers.

By the way, as long as you don't connect to a server through NFS, you don't really need to worry about the UID value.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Bartels,

Thanks for your advice and testing.

I will change the GID number as note 818091 description instead of change UID number.

Best Regards,

Wu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

In general you should be able to change that using the command CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(<user profile name>) UID(<new uid>)). Note that there are two limitations:

1. The uid number for a user cannot be changed if there are one or more active jobs for the user.

2. The uid number assigned must not already be assigned to another user profile.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Bartels,

Thanks for your advice.

We want to change the UID number of SAP user <SID><nn> and the user use IFS.

If i change the UID number, the files/directories permission in the IFS belong to the user will still belong to the same user who use the new UID number.

Best Regards,

Wu