cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update of product master (lock material record)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Does anyone know of any program that I can use to carry out mass update of product master in SRM? I am specifically looking at locking the materials. I originally intended to use LSMW and create a recording for it. However, the recording didn't work - when I clicked on the open button so that I can key in the product id, it returns back to the recording / LSMW transaction with the screen data. I did not even have a chance to proceed further.

Any idea would be appreciated.

Regards

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Decide to lock manually or use standard SAP program to delete material masters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Which standard program did you use for deletion?

Thanks

Mohit

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

Are you in Standalone ?

If you are in Classic and ECS - you should not think of to lock from SRM.

Please set deletion flag / procurement for purchasing in the backend then you can stop the material for procurement in SRM .

always master data must be sync between both system.

SAP Note 1122266 - Mapping of MARA deletion flag in

BR

Muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question Muthu. I should have explained more. The system is in ECS mode. However, for some reasons, my client has materials in SRM that are no longer in ECC. It's a long story but the end result is they have materials only in SRM and none in the ERP system. Because we do no know why they have these materials in SRM in the first place, I am inclined not to delete them (which I know there is a SAP program to do that). I am hoping to just lock them and leave them there. Part of the reason to lock them is also because they want to start creating inventory orders through SRM, meaning we will introduce proper materials into the system so we do not want to display these 'obsolete' materials in the system.

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

please lock the material for procurement in the purchasing view. then you can see the status in COMMPR01.

i may not advise you to lock them via SRM . every customer / business expects the master data must be sync with ECC and SRM system.

i believe later you can not create a sucessful purchase order for a locked material in SRM.

you may create a sc but PO can not be created successfully.

i dont have a system now to test your desired behavior.

br

Muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes I know I can update via COMMPR01 but I can't possibly do it for thousands of records and hence the question. My fallback position would be to delete the materials.

I am just wondering whether anyone has managed to get pass the recording issue for COMMPR01 or using a different program or function module to do the mass delete. Even if it is a program or function module to do the locking for a single material would help as I can then may be attempt to do a LSMW on that (not sure but will have to try it out).

Thanks!

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

Purchase of product 00000000000000000000000000000000100222225 is not permitted in the backend.

i have blocked for procurement in mm02 purchasing view

Plant-sp.matl status 01 - blocked for procurement and wearhouse.

when i try to create a shopiing cart , you will get an erorr message.

why do you hesitate to do., I will not recommend you massage any data in SRM rather than ECC.

muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

My problem is the material master does not exist in ECC at all so I have nothing to lock or whatever. It is now only sitting in SRM and I just want to 'remove' it from the sight of the users when they do a search help on the product id in SRM.

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

really . though you are ECS mode .

material master must be there right ?

How your SRM PO will reflected ( indeed really creates in ECC i.e copy of srm PO).

-

confusion here

can you create a SC for local material and order a successful PO ?

--

i know there is a product check in catalog web services - in SRM product master not necesary but your ECC must have material master right..

Muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Today they do not use materials in SRM. For some reasons, these materials were 'replicated' from a backend system into SRM but never used. Now, we are trying to implement material procurement in SRM and found these materials sitting in the system with no equivalent materials in the current ECC system. I can guess the reason but cannot share it here for confidentiality reasons. I can manually lock the materials in SRM (which is a good thing) but my problem now is how I can do it for all automatically.

Regards

SF